[SOLVED] RTX 2070 super underperforming?

Jan 22, 2021
I have a RTX 2070 super that i will say is underperforming. I am doing a little bit of streamen, but it seems like my 2070 super is not running like it should. When i stream CS:GO, my CS is going down to like 50-70 FPS (only 230 with out stream), and mig stream is only running on 30-40 FPS, specilly when we just stand in the spawn, in the beginning of the round. When i look at the task manager, iI can see it is using 100% of the GPU, and that is when is use the CPU as encoding.
The same thing when I play other games, like Cities Skyline. 100% GPU, but the stream is only running like 10 FPS. It is like my new 2070 super can't cacthe up to the stream, when I did'nt have any problems whit my GTX 1070.
No V-sync
Everything on medium settings.

Does anybody may have a solution?

My specs:
Ryzen 7 1800x
32 GB ram 3200MHz
3D INNO RTX 2070 super
fractal design 760W PSU
144Hz monitor (27")
2 60Hz monitor (27")

Solution
I have a RTX 2070 super that i will say is underperforming. I am doing a little bit of streamen, but it seems like my 2070 super is not running like it should. When i stream CS:GO, my CS is going down to like 50-70 FPS (only 230 with out stream), and mig stream is only running on 30-40 FPS, specilly when we just stand in the spawn, in the beginning of the round. When i look at the task manager, iI can see it is using 100% of the GPU, and that is when is use the CPU as encoding.
The same thing when I play other games, like Cities Skyline. 100% GPU, but the stream is only running like 10 FPS. It is like my new 2070 super can't cacthe up to the stream, when I did'nt have any problems whit my GTX 1070.
No V-sync
Everything on medium...
No V-sync
Everything on medium settings.

Does anybody may have a solution?

My specs:
Ryzen 7 1800x
32 GB ram 3200MHz
3D INNO RTX 2070 super
fractal design 760W PSU
144Hz monitor (27")
2 60Hz monitor (27")

Your CPU is poorly suited to the demands you are making on it. It is built on an old architecture, has low boost clocks, and low IPC. It is decent at multi-threaded workloads but it is not a good gaming CPU. Both streaming and CSGO (by themselves mind you) are heavy on the CPU and you are trying to do both at once. You should upgrade to a modern Ryzen 5000-series CPU.

If you didn't have this problem with your GTX 1070, its probably because your 1070 couldn't render nearly as many frames as your RTX2070 Super can; more frames requires more work of the CPU, and if your CPU can't feed your GPU the frames it is capable of rendering, you end up with a CPU bottleneck.

Reactions: twizten and Nemesia
Solution
Jan 22, 2021
Your CPU is poorly suited to the demands you are making on it. It is built on an old architecture, has low boost clocks, and low IPC. It is decent at multi-threaded workloads but it is not a good gaming CPU. Both streaming and CSGO (by themselves mind you) are heavy on the CPU and you are trying to do both at once. You should upgrade to a modern Ryzen 5000-series CPU.

If you didn't have this problem with your GTX 1070, its probably because your 1070 couldn't render nearly as many frames as your RTX2070 Super can; more frames requires more work of the CPU, and if your CPU can't feed your GPU the frames it is capable of rendering, you end up with a CPU bottleneck.

Thanks, I look into that