[SOLVED] RTX 2070 Super up to 50c while browsing

May 2, 2020
My RTX 2070 Super is up to 50c while browsing. Is this dangerous or damaging? Obviously the fans don't kick in at that temp. My chassis fans aren't at full speed, so I can increase them if 50 while browsing is dangerous or damaging.

Solution
50c is amazing temps for GPU in idle, under load 60-70 is normal and really good, 80 is okay i guess but not preferable if you want you card to be alive for a long time. Some cards run at even 90...
45-50 in idle is no danger for any component (maybe for HDD's above 45 is not good), so everything is fine your temps are great.
50c is amazing temps for GPU in idle, under load 60-70 is normal and really good, 80 is okay i guess but not preferable if you want you card to be alive for a long time. Some cards run at even 90...
45-50 in idle is no danger for any component (maybe for HDD's above 45 is not good), so everything is fine your temps are great.

Solution
"It isn't uncommon for high-end GPU's to run at 50C-55C. And especially under load like in a high--end game.

I would check your fans and make sure they are in fact running and running correctly. Then if you are really worried about temps, you could always reapply thermal paste which can drop temps even more. In my case, I've come across cards with old or badly applied thermal paste, when I reapplied it, it dropped my temps on the card about 15F. I personally use Arctic Silver 5, my favorite thermal paste.

As long as it doesn't hit 80C or higher you are fine on extreme temps. That's the threshold for temps, much more and you are damaging your components.

You can always bump your fan speeds up with a program like MSI Afterburner. Just be aware the faster your fan is, and the harder it runs, the sooner the fan goes out. I've gone through a few fans running them on 100% speed just because I wanted a colder card."

Quoted from here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/rtx-2070-idling-at-55c.3450620/

May 2, 2020
"It isn't uncommon for high-end GPU's to run at 50C-55C. And especially under load like in a high--end game.

I would check your fans and make sure they are in fact running and running correctly. Then if you are really worried about temps, you could always reapply thermal paste which can drop temps even more. In my case, I've come across cards with old or badly applied thermal paste, when I reapplied it, it dropped my temps on the card about 15F. I personally use Arctic Silver 5, my favorite thermal paste.

As long as it doesn't hit 80C or higher you are fine on extreme temps. That's the threshold for temps, much more and you are damaging your components.

You can always bump your fan speeds up with a program like MSI Afterburner. Just be aware the faster your fan is, and the harder it runs, the sooner the fan goes out. I've gone through a few fans running them on 100% speed just because I wanted a colder card."

Quoted from here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/rtx-2070-idling-at-55c.3450620/
There is a reason the fans are in 0 rpm mode until 50 c. Your card is working as intended.
Thank you all for the reassurance. The card use to run at -40 idle but I decreased my chassis fan speed to just above half as it was to loud on 100% as you might guess.