[SOLVED] RTX 2080 needs repasting just after 3 months of first repaste?

__blackha7__

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Hello!

I have a Gigabyte RTX 2080 Aorus Xtreme. I'm super happy with the card, except the thermal paste dries pretty quickly, or am I doing something wrong here? I needed to repaste it, since I started hitting 83 degrees.
After repasting with Thermal Grizzly Kryonout, today I've repasted it again, because I noticed temperatures started going higher (with same paste) just after 3 months since last repaste! Now temperatures are back to normal (rearly hitting 70 degrees in high intensive GPU games). Is this normal for a card of that caliber?
Somebody with the same problem with rtx 2080 / 2080ti?

Thanks!

Solution
No, that's not really normal. I have a 1080 Ti and it doesn't need pasting that often; however, I have botched a thermal paste application before and had to repaste it. Too little or too much, actually it was when I spread it out with a credit card that it didn't make good contact.
No, that's not really normal. I have a 1080 Ti and it doesn't need pasting that often; however, I have botched a thermal paste application before and had to repaste it. Too little or too much, actually it was when I spread it out with a credit card that it didn't make good contact.

Solution