[SOLVED] rtx 2080 or rtx 2080 super?

MikeONike

Commendable
Jul 3, 2017
Currently, I have gtx 1660 ti, but I am looking forward to upgrade to rtx series, mainly because of ray tracing .But my question is:Should I buy rtx 2080 or should I go for rtx 2080 super?Is there a big difference in performance considering the price?I thought about 2080 Ti, but I am not capable of buying it because of my budget.Also, what is decent rtx 2080 manufacturer?I personaly prefer Gigabyte, but MSI Ventus is cheaper. What is your opinion guys?Sorry for my bad English.:(

P.S. I currently have i5-9600k, and I am not sure will it bottleneck that GPU?

Solution
The difference between the 2 is usually not enough to warrant the price increase, so it depends on how much you really want to invest and how much it costs in your area. In the UK - £100 is definitely not worth the performance difference, so I'd opt for the 2080, NOT super.

As @Metal Messiah states, any manufacturer is pretty good, just go for which is cheaper in most cases.
If you're comparing the Gigabyte to the MSI, MSI frankly is just as good.
D

Deleted member 2731765

Get the SUPER Model. I don't think your current CPU will bottleneck this video card. All GPU manufacturers are good. Though, if you prefer build quality then for for ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, or EVGA.

Edit: What's the make and model of your PSU ? Are you upgrading this card for 1080p, or a 2K screen resolution Monitor ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The difference between the 2 is usually not enough to warrant the price increase, so it depends on how much you really want to invest and how much it costs in your area. In the UK - £100 is definitely not worth the performance difference, so I'd opt for the 2080, NOT super.

As @Metal Messiah states, any manufacturer is pretty good, just go for which is cheaper in most cases.
If you're comparing the Gigabyte to the MSI, MSI frankly is just as good.

Solution

MikeONike

Commendable
Jul 3, 2017
Get the SUPER Model. I don't think your current CPU will bottleneck this video card. All GPU manufacturers are good. Though, if you prefer build quality then for for ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, or EVGA.

Edit: What's the make and model of your PSU ? Are you upgrading this card for 1080p, or a 2K screen resolution Monitor ?
I have 650W PSU.I have 4k LG TV, and I am playing games on it.But I switch between 1440p and 4k gaming, depends on how demending the game is.

D

Deleted member 2731765

Oh no ! Please do NOT use that LC power PSU to power up such a high-end GPU.

LC POWER PSUs should be avoided at all costs. They are of very poor and inferior quality. Not recommended for high-end GAMING PCs. Period.

Get a QUALITY PSU model instead. Test the performance of your GPU and PC by using some other power supply, if possible.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Reactions: PC Tailor

MikeONike

Commendable
Jul 3, 2017
Oh no ! Please do NOT use that LC power PSU to power up such a high-end GPU.

LC POWER PSUs should be avoided at all costs. They are of very poor and inferior quality. Not recommended for high-end GAMING PCs. Period.

Get a QUALITY PSU model instead. Test the performance of your GPU and PC by using some other power supply, if possible.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.
Thank you on advice.I never really paid attention on my PSU, so i didn't know it is so important.It is good to know.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Video Card | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card | $599.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply | Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply | $79.99 @ Newegg
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total (before mail-in rebates) | $729.98
| Mail-in rebates | -$50.00
| Total | $679.98
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-27 17:11 EDT-0400 |

Heres a cheap but good RTX2080. I also added a better PSU to replace your old one.

2070 super and 2080 super are very close in performance. Usually, the 2070 super is a much better deal.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2080-vs-Nvidia-RTX-2070-Super/4026vs4048

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Video Card | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card | $539.99 @ B&H
Power Supply | Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply | $79.99 @ Newegg
| Total (before mail-in rebates) | $639.98
| Mail-in rebates | -$20.00
| Total | $619.98
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-27 17:18 EDT-0400 |

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have 1 more question.Is there a big gap in specifications and performance between 2070 super and 2080.Thanks in advance.
Not a huge deal no, but you will find in some games the 2080 can still get up to 10+ FPS more, so again depends on what the investment is worth to you, I'd say the 2080 is worth it, just the 2080 Super isn't.

MikeONike

Commendable
Jul 3, 2017
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Video Card | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card | $599.99 @ Newegg
| Total (before mail-in rebates) | $729.98
| Mail-in rebates | -$50.00
| Total | $679.98
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-27 17:11 EDT-0400 |

Heres a cheap but good RTX2080. I also added a better PSU to replace your old one.
Yeah, this is great!Thank you.(y)