[SOLVED] RTX 2080 Super averages around 50-60 fps on most games.

Hrtguy

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
Hi, I have a pc with a 2080 super and on almost every game I play my computer struggles to get higher then 60 fps. I just upgraded my PSU thinking that was the issue, and nothing changed. I have a benchmark test here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29173292 . It says it has a good gaming score so I'm not sure why I cannot get good fps on the majority of games that I play. I have reinstalled windows twice and updated my drivers already.

Solution
1)No mention of cpu nor gpu thermals in game. Can't tell if you're thermal throttling or not.

2)PC was flagged for moderately high background usage. You probably left the browser or something running during the benchmark - reduces accuracy.
If you didn't, then you need to find out what's eating up cpu and ram.

3)Single channel ram - whether it's 16GBs or 32GBs - doesn't cut in 2020. Dual channel is a must.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)No mention of cpu nor gpu thermals in game. Can't tell if you're thermal throttling or not.

2)PC was flagged for moderately high background usage. You probably left the browser or something running during the benchmark - reduces accuracy.
If you didn't, then you need to find out what's eating up cpu and ram.

3)Single channel ram - whether it's 16GBs or 32GBs - doesn't cut in 2020. Dual channel is a must.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS