RTX 2080 Ti Owners Complain of Defects, Nvidia Responds

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stdragon

Admirable

I'm not sure if it would help short of changing out the PSU. But Corsair does sell PCIe cables with in-line 330uF 16V capacitor.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/ACC-Series/ACC-Color/premium-individually-sleeved-pcie-cables-with-dual-connectors-type-4-generation-3-config/p/CP-8920183.

At the very least, would reduce some stress on both the GPU and PSU.

Samuel White

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2014
Give it 24-48hrs and it will be Trump's or Putin's fault that these 2080ti's are failing, not Nvidia's for putting to much power onto a non-secure board that can't handle the heat.

Nov 2, 2018
I have had my 2080 ti FE cards for a couple weeks. Also 3 of my friends also got their cards around this same time. None of us had a single issue. They are all running perfect.
I believe you are just hearing from small vocal minority out of tens of thousands of units sold.

Yeah if I spent that much on a GPU and if crashed and burned I'd be vocal too. Hey the squeaky wheel get the grease.

Dec 21, 2018
My Asus Strix 2080 (not TI) just died two days ago, might be unrelated but i get purple dots when booting up and refuses to load the driver in windows. started crashing during gameplay about two weeks ago, also gets seriously hot like barely touchable hot just idling in windows. My poorly two cents worth says that the problem is with whatever part regulates and controls temperature. another thing I noticed is the fans spin-up when powering the system then stop during windows load and don't spin-up again even though the card is cooking.

stdragon

Admirable
Hopefully the RMA process will give you another revision where that problem has been fixed.

For everyone else, I suggest checking if a video card BIOS / firmware update I available from the vendor's website.

I blame Trump!