Question Rtx 2080 ti underperforming?

Raguuu

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I recently built a new pc and it is not performing as well as online benchmarks in games. I've tried changing Nvidia control panel settings, power options, in game settings, and overclocking with afterburner. Games I play are Rainbow six, GTA V and bo4. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it without losing graphics quality because my system should be able to handle it. Here are the specs:
CPU-i9-9900k
GPU- Msi GeForce RTX 2080 ti
Ram- 32gb ddr4 3000mhz corsair vengeance
storage- 1tb wd blue m.2 drive
Mobo- Asus Rog Maximus Xi Hero (Wi-Fi)

Raguuu

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
What are your CPU/GPU temps under load?

Go to userbenchmark.com and run a bench. Leave a link here with the results.

Wow thanks for that quick reply :). I ran the benchmark and here is the link https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18835466
During the benchmark about 5 seconds into the plane part it said that it failed it and that all gpu tests were aborted. However, I do use rivatuner in games and cpu temp is typically between 65-75C and gpu temp anywhere from 50-70C and I have noticed that in some games gpu usage is not very high, around 60 to 70% and same with cpu usage.

Raguuu

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Ok, booted in safe mode and uninstalled drivers, and when I booted up again it said that it had already installed older drivers and when I tried to install the new one, this error came up and I'm not sure if geforce experience is the way to go. I am also wondering if a DCH package is bad.

"This standard driver system cannot be installed on your system. Your system is configured to require a DCH package, please update your driver using Geforce Experience to download the correct version. To check which display driver type is installed, refer nvidia knowledgebase article"

Raguuu

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Ok, booted in safe mode and uninstalled drivers, and when I booted up again it said that it had already installed older drivers and when I tried to install the new one, this error came up and I'm not sure if geforce experience is the way to go. I am also wondering if a DCH package is bad.

"This standard driver system cannot be installed on your system. Your system is configured to require a DCH package, please update your driver using Geforce Experience to download the correct version. To check which display driver type is installed, refer nvidia knowledgebase article"

Nevermind I was able to install the graphics driver i just had to run ddu again and turn off internet so windows wouldn't auto install its driver. Ill let you know if this helped performance at all.

Raguuu

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
If your overclocking the card and the card fails halfway thru a benchmark then the card is not stable.

What PSU make and model do you have?

Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Thats my psu, and I only tried oc once, put back to stock settings right after. After installing new driver, games definitely feel better, but now I'm curious about why its failing the benchmark. I just tried it again after installing driver as well, and it still fails it.

Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Thats my psu, and I only tried oc once, put back to stock settings right after. After installing new driver, games definitely feel better, but now I'm curious about why its failing the benchmark. I just tried it again after installing driver as well, and it still fails it.

It could be the benchmark. Usermbenchmark is not a great benchmark to compare scoring, but it will identify if a particular component is under performing. I suggest comparing your GPU to Unigien Heaven and Superposition benchmarks. Timespy is good too.

For CPU cinebench is a bench to see if performance is off.

Raguuu

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
It could be the benchmark. Usermbenchmark is not a great benchmark to compare scoring, but it will identify if a particular component is under performing. I suggest comparing your GPU to Unigien Heaven and Superposition benchmarks. Timespy is good too.

For CPU cinebench is a bench to see if performance is off.

Everything is performing similar in the benchmarks and games feel great again. Thank you so much for helping me today :)

xFazzz

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
Wow thanks for that quick reply :). I ran the benchmark and here is the link https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18835466
During the benchmark about 5 seconds into the plane part it said that it failed it and that all gpu tests were aborted. However, I do use rivatuner in games and cpu temp is typically between 65-75C and gpu temp anywhere from 50-70C and I have noticed that in some games gpu usage is not very high, around 60 to 70% and same with cpu usage.
For the record, RivaTuner crashes the GPU portion of the userbenchmark. So close/disable that overlay and re run if you wanted to see your score.