Question RTX 3050 keeps crashing ?

Quoc Dung

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2015
After I bought a new gpu ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3050 GAMING OC, my pc is freezing the entire system very often without BSOD while browsing, sometimes mouse cursor began to lag, goes black screen and return to normal. I have upgraded and resetted bios, turned off Intel Turbo Technology and fully clean installed to Windows 11, but the same issue still present. Event viewer does not provide any useful info. It seems it is not crashing while i play games, everything worked fine
I found this error from event viewer, but i don't think it is related

The server was not bound to the transport protocol \ Device \ NetBT_Tcpip_ {C0FAE500-CB3C-47BA-A9C6-883DE81F7DB0} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server was not started.

This has NEVER happen with any older GPUs I used with same system whatsoever, I used GTX 1050 TI and GTX 1650 super. Both working perfectly. I believe the new GPU is causing the crash

How do I do now? where can i get any useful logs other than eventviewer?

My specs:
Motherboard: Z390 AORUS MASTER
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3050 GAMING OC
BIOS-version/date: American Megatrends Inc. F11, 05-11-2021
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz
Power supply: TX750M, 750 Watt

Last edited:

Quoc Dung

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2015
In your browser try turning off hardware acceleration. And or go in to Nvidia 3d settings and make sure the gpu is selected for graphics processing.
I only have one GPU running, the onboard gpu is disabled. Turning off hardware acceleration is bad idea because it makes things slower, i had tried turning it off before to fix HDR video issues
I heard that game ready driver causing a lot of issues recently and that studio driver is more stable. I'll probably give studio driver a try if it happens again

I only have one GPU running, the onboard gpu is disabled. Turning off hardware acceleration is bad idea because it makes things slower, i had tried turning it off before to fix HDR video issues
I heard that game ready driver causing a lot of issues recently and that studio driver is more stable. I'll probably give studio driver a try if it happens again
Try using ddu uninstaller to uninstall your Nvidia drivers, then reinstall the driver.

Quoc Dung

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2015
Try using ddu uninstaller to uninstall your Nvidia drivers, then reinstall the driver.
Forgot to mention that I already did on Win10, It didn't help. Wouldn't make sense to do on clean installed Win11 anyway since Windows update was not able to recognize the card due to the card being 'new', so no Nvidia drivers were installed before. it is the first time the driver has been installed manually
And my power supply is TX750M, 750 Watt, it is still working good. Stress test were successful on both cpu and gpu
Found another error in event viewer

Code:
Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close.

Error code: 3 (subcode 2)
(pid=3760 tid=6576 rs2client.exe 64bit)

Visit [url=http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html]http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html[/url] for more information.

Crash dump: https://mega.nz/file/mEwGzRaL#Ld9KZtNQM_blUPXHObmrWZ6GlazJ-s09wlLHznYMTt4

Must assume there is the fault on the driver, i'll still using the gpu and report issue to Nvidia

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022
Have you fix that? I have the same issue. 3050 crash windows 11 when browsing.

I replaced to a new 3050 but does not help. Then this issue can be fix by install my older GTX 960.

Mar 2, 2022
it's either an issue with the 3050's design or driver...

Temp fix:
nVidia control panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Power management mode = "Perfere maximum performance"

Done that with my MSI 3050 Ventus and not had the crash since (had multiple crashes a day while WfH using chrome, vscode, and it never crashed while playing GTA/Minecraft/Halo during that time, it's somehow related to the GPU going idle/low power..).

Mar 24, 2022

Temp fix:
nVidia control panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Power management mode = "Perfere maximum performance"

Done that with my MSI 3050 Ventus and not had the crash since (had multiple crashes a day while WfH using chrome, vscode, and it never crashed while playing GTA/Minecraft/Halo during that time, it's somehow related to the GPU going idle/low power..).

Having the same issue here with an EVGA 3050 and I actually tried what you suggested but it didn't correct the issue. Instead I used EVGA Precision to lock in the boost clock P state and haven't had a crash since. This needs to be addressed by Nvidia ASAP

Quoc Dung

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2015

Temp fix:

Can confirm that it is related to low power and using "Prefer maximum performance" temporary solves the issue. Been using it for a month and no crashes so far