[SOLVED] RTX 3060 hash rate ?

Sep 26, 2021
Hi.
I have a simple rig with Rtx 3060 12 GB OC.
I am using nicehash miner which is mining at 37 MH/sec. Can this be increased or is this the optimum ?
I am using a riser pcie 1 to 16.

Solution
Hi....
Why are you using riser if it's just one card?
Short answer yes... it can be close to 50MH/s (if we are talking about ETH)....
It depends if you have LHR card (it should be written on the box).

"What is Nvidia Lite Hash Rate technology? First things first—what is LHR? Nvidia LHR graphics cards detect when they’re being used for Ethereum (ETH) cryptocurrency mining and automatically halve the “hash rate.” Without diving too deeply into the weeds, this makes LHR GPUs less profitable for potential mining purchases due to their higher power draw relative to the now lower hash rate. The idea is that if LHR GPUs aren’t profitable for miners, they will be purchased by gamers instead."

If it's not "LHR" there are a lot of tutorials...
Hi....
Why are you using riser if it's just one card?
Short answer yes... it can be close to 50MH/s (if we are talking about ETH)....
It depends if you have LHR card (it should be written on the box).

"What is Nvidia Lite Hash Rate technology? First things first—what is LHR? Nvidia LHR graphics cards detect when they’re being used for Ethereum (ETH) cryptocurrency mining and automatically halve the “hash rate.” Without diving too deeply into the weeds, this makes LHR GPUs less profitable for potential mining purchases due to their higher power draw relative to the now lower hash rate. The idea is that if LHR GPUs aren’t profitable for miners, they will be purchased by gamers instead."

If it's not "LHR" there are a lot of tutorials how to increase your Hash Rate...

Reactions: Erprealm
Solution
Sep 26, 2021
Hi.
Thx for the pointers. Mine is a LHR .. it wasn't mentioned on the box so I assumed it to be normal. But after installing gpu z I noticed it was a LHR .

Currently I am using Nicehash with Octopus which gives me a hash rate around 38 and other algo at 22.

So I assume this is the max this gpu can do or do we have a work around to increase the rate ?