[SOLVED] RTX 3070/3080 for a silent build ?

gamepassion

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hello,

It is about time to change my gaming pc and I look into a silent build. I will build inside a fractal define R5 (or maybe an R7).

So, the biggest question is the gpu, as reviews and noise tests and youtube rather confused me. Asus tuf seem to have a very well cooled card and with good noise levels but some argue that the actual noise, though low is really disturbing. MSI gaming trio looks really quiet but runs hotter. Gigabyte aorus is really expensive (MSRP I mean) and I am not interested in RGB.

My current gpu is a gainward phoenix gs that is dead silent @40% fans speed but becomes really noisy if I up the fans (from 60% up sounds like a rockett). I aim for a more silent one at high fans speed.

So, witch rtx 3070/3080 is the most silent and also cools well the card?

Solution
The 'most silent and cools well' thing is going to favor a 3070 over a 3080 because it consumes less power, on top of the desire for a chassis with more focus on low noise.
It'll hold better system thermals with lower power consumption.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The 'most silent and cools well' thing is going to favor a 3070 over a 3080 because it consumes less power, on top of the desire for a chassis with more focus on low noise.
It'll hold better system thermals with lower power consumption.

Solution