Question RTX 3070 does not work properly with drivers installed

Jan 17, 2022
So I have a msi rtx 3070 gaming plus trio and after I used oc scanner from msi afterburner my pc restarted and keeps freezing + black screens like every 2 seconds, sometimes it works for a while. I managed to uninstall the drivers, but when I install them again the problem comes back but guess thats not a solution. It wasnt doing it when I used this gpu for the first time, only after i turned the oc scanner.

My specs are ryzen 7 5800x, psu silentiumpc supremo fm2 gold 650w, msi mpg x570 gaming edge wifi, kingston fury 2x8 3600mhz

Last edited:
So I have a msi rtx 3070 gaming plus trio and after I used oc scanner from msi afterburner my pc restarted and keeps freezing + black screens like every 2 seconds, sometimes it works for a while. I managed to uninstall the drivers, but when I install them again the problem comes back but guess thats not a solution. It wasnt doing it when I used this gpu for the first time, only after i turned the oc scanner.

My specs are ryzen 7 5800x, psu silentiumpc supremo fm2 gold 650w, msi mpg x570 gaming edge wifi, kingston fury 2x8 3600mhz
I would use DDU in safe mode to remove and reinstall the GPU drivers since similar threads were solved that way.

Jan 17, 2022
I already did uninstall the drivers with ddu, without them it works normally but right after installing them again the problem comes back. Formatting pc didnt help either. I think the only solution left is replacing the gpu, I've already made a ticket to msi support.

Jan 17, 2022
It didnt work either, but I noticed when it unfreezes and display comes back the memory clock goes up to 7000MHz, and GPU clock to 1770. Is this possibly the reason?
I can use a browser for example and nothing happens, but when i open another window or app its starts freezing (only video, audio still goes on)