Question RTX 3070 is overheating ?

IstariLight

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2015
Hello guys. I have Gigabyte RTX 3070 EAGLE v2 OC GPU.

I bought it like a year ago. When i play games, it utilizes 99% and the temperatures rises to 86 degrees. My monitor's resolution is 2560 x 1440p (2k). In games like Total War Attila , Crusader Kings 3, Ghost of Tsushima and Counter-Strike 2, the average temp is 80-85 degrees and it causes "throttling" so I lose performance. How can i solve this problem? I have 3 intake case fans and 1 exhaust fan in my pc case.
I don't think it's an airflow issue but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
Hello guys. I have Gigabyte Rtx 3070 EAGLE v2 OC gpu. I bought it like a year ago. When i play games, it utilizes %99 and the temperatures rises to 86 degrees. My monitor's resolution is 2560x1440p (2k). In games like Total War Attila , Crusader Kings 3, Ghost of Tsushima and Counter-Strike 2, my average temp is 80-85 degrees and it causes "throttling" therefore I lose performance. How can i solve this problem? I have 3 intake case fans and 1 exhaust fan in my pc case. I dont think its and airflow issue but im not sure. Any ideas?
Change the thermal pads of your card if you have good airflow in your case:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTff5UsjI7Y

Oct 8, 2024
I would suggest installing HWMonitor or another compatible monitoring software and reading the temperatures your components are reaching before the crash, tweaking your GPU's fan curves also, but if it's at the stage where it's running away thermally and overheating you're going to want to check there's no dust

IstariLight

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2015
I think the problem is my cpu's liquid cooler's radiator. It placed in front of the case so its blocking the intake fan's air. Therefore the inside of the case is choking. The two intake fans on the top of the case are useless due to hot air inside the case. I have to detach the liquid cpu cooler and need to buy air cooler for my cpu.