Question RTX 3070 or 6700xt, which should i buy?

May 23, 2022
I sometimes do streaming on twitch and need the nvenc for better quality, but i also do rendering on lumion and blender as well. does the need for the special features(nvenc/nvidia broadcast suite/CUDA) nvidia have for content creators outweigh the rendering speed benefits of the 6700xt?
which should i get?
do you guys have any advice for this?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The 3070 is a considerably "faster for gaming" GPU than the 6700XT. Even the (marginally) lower priced 3060ti is slightly faster for gaming.
I do like the memory bump that the AMD cards have though. As to the other aspects I have no meaningful experience by which to offer an opinion.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

There are plenty of reviews that show slight differences in these results and in particular where it comes to game titles. With that said, I feel that TH is running a good and consistent testing procedure. Given how close the results are for all three and the known variances "in the wild" on individual bits of hardware I would say your mileage may vary.

Often will tell people (when results are this close) to pick the one they like the color, feature, and price most of. In my own recent shopping I find some of the more desirable 3060ti to my own ergo tastes weren't worth paying nearly what a 3070 cost for the performance difference.

Reactions: spentshells

KyaraM

Admirable

The 3070 is better than the 6700XT in basically all cases. All the AMD card has is price. Even power draw is very similar.

Reactions: spentshells
I sometimes do streaming on twitch and need the nvenc for better quality, but i also do rendering on lumion and blender as well. does the need for the special features(nvenc/nvidia broadcast suite/CUDA) nvidia have for content creators outweigh the rendering speed benefits of the 6700xt?
which should i get?
do you guys have any advice for this?
If you mainly want it for streaming/encoding or content creation, just get the 3070. For gaming, the 3070 is 10-12% faster the than 6700 XT on average and the 3060 TI is 10-12% slower than a 6700 XT on average.

Last edited: