[SOLVED] RTX 3070 with a non modular PSU?

Jun 6, 2021
I bought a LUX 750w aerocool psu that is also non modular for my pc with a 3070 that is yet to arrive. The PSU has 2 extra 8-pin connectors, so it should attach to the adaptor. Will it actually work? The other specs are:
CPU: ryzen 7 3700X
Ram: 2x8gb 3200(?)mhz ram
1 500gb ssd

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wish you asked prior to making the purchase. I also wish you purchased a higher quality unit than that for your system. If you have no other option for return, you will need to wait for it arrive, so you can hook the unit up to your system and fire it up but IMHO, you should look towards returning it and picking up a higher quality unit. What sort of units do you have access to? Where are you located and what is your budget for a PSU purchase? TO give you some perspective, the PSU is considered to be the heart of the system, so if it has a heart attack, the entire system is down, literally with dead components, if the unit is badly build.

Lutfij

Titan

I wish you asked prior to making the purchase. I also wish you purchased a higher quality unit than that for your system. If you have no other option for return, you will need to wait for it arrive, so you can hook the unit up to your system and fire it up but IMHO, you should look towards returning it and picking up a higher quality unit. What sort of units do you have access to? Where are you located and what is your budget for a PSU purchase? TO give you some perspective, the PSU is considered to be the heart of the system, so if it has a heart attack, the entire system is down, literally with dead components, if the unit is badly build.

Solution
Jun 6, 2021

I live in rome, where there aren't many great computer stores, but I have access to amazon, as well as some sites based in england like scan, as I have relatives there. I am not sure if i could return it, since it arrived in febuary, and I have already done the wiring. This is my first build, so it took a long time to get that all right. If I really should replace it then I definitely will.