[SOLVED] RTX 3080 Performance

Dec 19, 2021
Hello, I recently installed a 3080 into my machine and was doing some benchmarks. After looking at some reference videos on YouTube for various games I cant help but feel my card is underperforming what everyone else is showing by 10-20 FPS. I have already done a fresh driver uninstall/reinstall. Any thoughts?

Here is a reference from the Division 2 benchmark.

Ultra:
Ultra-1.png

High:
High-1.png

PC Build:
PC.png

Last edited:
Solution
Your CPU is most likely the culprit, don't get me wrong it is still a very capable CPU but it is a few Gens back now. The tests on Youtube or whatever are almost always with the newest balls to the wall CPU's and will get that 10-20fps more than yor i7. Also cooling, case, ambient temp, RAM speed, amount of RAM, type of drive..... there are so many variables that it always very hard to do direct comparisons to your performance and what is given in reviews often done on an open testbench.
Your CPU is most likely the culprit, don't get me wrong it is still a very capable CPU but it is a few Gens back now. The tests on Youtube or whatever are almost always with the newest balls to the wall CPU's and will get that 10-20fps more than yor i7. Also cooling, case, ambient temp, RAM speed, amount of RAM, type of drive..... there are so many variables that it always very hard to do direct comparisons to your performance and what is given in reviews often done on an open testbench.

Reactions: jy155
Solution
Dec 19, 2021
Understood, thank you. I could have sworn I read somewhere that my CPU was not a bottleneck just yet, but I guess it is a small amount.