Question RTX 3080 Poor Performance after Windows reinstall

Aug 19, 2022
Hi,

First of all please excuse my inexact english.

So here's my problem, i have an RTX 3080 10Go and an Ryzen 7 2700 OCed at 4.0GHz / 1.325 which (the cpu) is stable since like 2 years (CHECKED, I HAVE NO BOTTLENECK, max 40% CPU usage in game).

I decided to fully reinstall Windows after my vacations, note that before this reinstall, i had no issues with any games (could run elden ring at constant 60 FPS) except cs go that had image slutter at start of the game then would work properly the rest of the game.

I used to stream league of legends at 60 FPS ~940p on twitch while being at a constant 240 fps in game.

Now, i get a 120 FPS drop in teamfights (it jumps from 220-230 FPS to a maximum of 110 FPS(!!!)).

Every 3 or 5 seconds in some games and also windows, i have these image drops/ slutter, which, for exemple, i can't notice on Rocket League (The only game running properly right now).

A short video that shows what kind of slutter / image drop i am suffering of (note that these are not FPS drops) :
View: https://youtu.be/5mYz8UE1azM

I ran LatencyMon for like 1 min cause i saw someone on forums asking people to do that for their slutters/image drops here are my results : https://pastebin.com/pfhYerE2

I don't have integrated graphics on my Ryzen and i'm using a B450 Tomahawk Motherboard

This FPS loss creates image slutter / lag sensation which is REALLY annoying and cost me a lot of bad moves on CS:GO for exemple.

I tried changing Power plan (using amd balanced ATM, tried high performance too) reinstalling windows a second time, updated the BIOS, updated the CHIPSET, got rid of Game Bar and other overlays, tried NVIDIA drivers reinstall.

I still have image skip/slutter on CS:GO and Valorant too (the most annoying is the 20-100 fps loss when someone peaks in front of me, creates like a 0.1s freeze)

Do you guys have any idea of what could make me lose so much FPS ? Or does anyone experience the same problem ?

I will frequently follow the thread and try to give you guys all the informations needed !

Thanks a lot !!

Last edited:
Hi,

First of all please excuse my inexact english.

So here's my problem, i have an RTX 3080 10Go and an Ryzen 7 2700 OCed at 4.0GHz / 1.325 which (the cpu) is stable since like 2 years (CHECKED, I HAVE NO BOTTLENECK, max 40% CPU usage in game).

I decided to fully reinstall Windows after my vacations, note that before this reinstall, i had no issues with any games (could run elden ring at constant 60 FPS) except cs go that had image slutter at start of the game then would work properly the rest of the game.

I used to stream league of legends at 60 FPS ~940p on twitch while being at a constant 240 fps in game.

Now, i get a 120 FPS drop in teamfights (it jumps from 220-230 FPS to a maximum of 110 FPS(!!!)).

Every 3 or 5 seconds in some games and also windows, i have these image drops/ slutter, which, for exemple, i can't notice on Rocket League (The only game running properly right now).

A short video that shows what kind of slutter / image drop i am suffering of (note that these are not FPS drops) :
View: https://youtu.be/5mYz8UE1azM

I ran LatencyMon for like 1 min cause i saw someone on forums asking people to do that for their slutters/image drops here are my results : https://pastebin.com/pfhYerE2

I don't have integrated graphics on my Ryzen and i'm using a B450 Tomahawk Motherboard

This FPS loss creates image slutter / lag sensation which is REALLY annoying and cost me a lot of bad moves on CS:GO for exemple.

I tried changing Power plan (using amd balanced ATM, tried high performance too) reinstalling windows a second time, updated the BIOS, updated the CHIPSET, got rid of Game Bar and other overlays, tried NVIDIA drivers reinstall.

I still have image skip/slutter on CS:GO and Valorant too (the most annoying is the 20-100 fps loss when someone peaks in front of me, creates like a 0.1s freeze)

Do you guys have any idea of what could make me lose so much FPS ? Or does anyone experience the same problem ?

I will frequently follow the thread and try to give you guys all the informations needed !

Thanks a lot !!
is this rescent i just seen someone saying the 30xx series last update had bad issues

Aug 19, 2022
is this rescent i just seen someone saying the 30xx series last update had bad issues
Hi, this is sadly the only one available right now, is it so bad that it would make such image slutter ?

I'd like the link to the topic where you saw that if you can remember, it could help me.

I could not find a lot of people with the same issue..

i just seen someone saying the 30xx series last update had bad issues
this is sadly the only one available right now, is it so bad that it would make such image stutter ?
using latest driver package directly from Nvidia with RTX 3080 Ti gives no performance decrease with any games or any type of issue involving any sort of stuttering.

only difference noted is slightly improved performance with Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered.
tried NVIDIA drivers reinstall.
by just reinstalling the package
or actually removing all graphics related data via DDU in Windows Safe Mode
and then reinstalling the latest available driver package?

there is a big difference...

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Aug 19, 2022
using latest driver package directly from Nvidia with RTX 3080 Ti gives no performance decrease with any games or any type of issue involving any sort of stuttering.

only difference noted is slightly improved performance with Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered.

by just reinstalling the package
or actually removing all graphics related data via DDU in Windows Safe Mode
and then reinstalling the latest available driver package?

there is a big difference...

Hello, I did it with DDU twice in Safe mode, WUpdates off, and also tried the 472.12 driver, still the same issue, i am 100% sure it doesnt come from my GPU.

^^ Yes, list your full PC specs, including PSU.

Just to note, the 2700 even overclocked is a slight bottleneck. Not that that's the issue here.
A lot of stuttering with Ryzen and RTX comes from the bios. You might let us know what bios you have, and consider updating it. There was a bug in the 1.2.0.3 agesa, so if you are running an older bios, this could be your issue.