[SOLVED] RTX 3080 return/repair time

Unselles

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
Hey there,

I've already made a post about this issue, so I won't go into much detail here.
Simply put, I'm having issues with RTX 3080 not loading in game assets properly, resulting in blurry textures that look as if I was on the lowest texture setting, this issue is present in any game and made some unplayable since games like Star Citizen look like a mess.

Due to this persistenting issue and inability to fix it in any way, I believe this is a hardware level issue and can only be fixed at the manufacturer.

However, I'm worried the return time could be extremely long or it wouldn't get approved.

If anyone has experience with this, what do you think?

Solution
most retailers will usually only offer ~30 days for returns/exchanges.

if you are planning an RMA to the manufacturer you will have to be sure that you actually have a physical defect with the product and may need to prove that an issue is actually affecting it's performance for them to okay the RMA.
if they receive the product and can't find any defect they may charge you for the inspection and for return shipping.

if you're taking videos & screenshots that actually prove this issue is occurring and it isn't just you thinking games should look better than they actually do then you should have no problem.
please provide some of those images here if you do have actual proof. i'd like to see the "mess" you describe.
most retailers will usually only offer ~30 days for returns/exchanges.

if you are planning an RMA to the manufacturer you will have to be sure that you actually have a physical defect with the product and may need to prove that an issue is actually affecting it's performance for them to okay the RMA.
if they receive the product and can't find any defect they may charge you for the inspection and for return shipping.

if you're taking videos & screenshots that actually prove this issue is occurring and it isn't just you thinking games should look better than they actually do then you should have no problem.
please provide some of those images here if you do have actual proof. i'd like to see the "mess" you describe.

Solution
No, the games are on the highest settings and aren't how they should look like
unless you can provide some higher quality images from another source to compare,
i would say these lower quality games look exactly as they should.

try something with better visuals like Cyberpunk 2077, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, etc and see how those better looking games seem on this system.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Unselles

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
I can see the texture quality difference, but it doesn't look like a rendering issue. Just a settings issue. Check your Nvidia control panel, some universal settings may have got flipped on. Check all recent software installations.

Consider rolling back to the previous Nvidia driver version.
Did all of that, nothing helped

Unselles

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
in your comparison image i see a difference in the flag pixelation but it looks like what happens when Anisotropic and/or Texture filtering settings are set to lower quality than natural.

some games even just have issue with loading higher quality textures fast enough to keep up with our systems.
these do look like cheaper/lower quality games so this may be the issue.

i wouldn't blame it on the card alone until i saw the same issue(s) happening with higher quality games similar to those i previously mentioned.

I had this same issue when an update in Apex Legends caused the VRAM usage to drop to 3GB of VRAM. Textures would load in smooth and low detail, then take a few seconds to pop in as full detail. In Apex, I had to go into the video settings and Texture Streaming Budget VRAM usage back up to match my VRAM on my card.

Either there's a problem with your GPU's VRAM, or something in your system is bottlenecked from allowing VRAM to load quickly, or something in your system is arbritrarily limiting your VRAM. Perhaps roll back your NVIDIA driver and check the box for a clean Nvidia driver install.

Unselles

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
I had this same issue when an update in Apex Legends caused the VRAM usage to drop to 3GB of VRAM. Textures would load in smooth and low detail, then take a few seconds to pop in as full detail. In Apex, I had to go into the video settings and Texture Streaming Budget VRAM usage back up to match my VRAM on my card.

Either there's a problem with your GPU's VRAM, or something in your system is bottlenecked from allowing VRAM to load quickly, or something in your system is arbritrarily limiting your VRAM. Perhaps roll back your NVIDIA driver and check the box for a clean Nvidia driver install.
I did all of that, nothing ever helps. I even replaced my motherboard and CPU, the issue is still there. This happens in every game.