[SOLVED] RTX 3080Ti (potentially?) low FPS in Destiny 2 ?

Sep 8, 2021
Recently upgraded my GPU to a 3080ti FE and whilst running Destiny 2 on the highest settings I achieve around 85-95 fps when in the Tower, slightly higher during missions. The monitoring in Afterburner and the NZXT app show my GPU usage nowhere near 100%, with nothing else nearing their limits either. Full rig is:
  • RTX 3080Ti (Driver v471.96)
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core
  • 31.95 RAM (3200)
  • 2560 X 1440, 165Hz monitor
I'm playing with a friends who's using a very similar set-up, however with a 3070Ti, and they're getting higher fps than me. We've compared in-game settings and there's no difference. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Articles I've read online suggest the benchmark is a lot higher than what I'm getting. I haven't (intentionally) adjusted any settings. I've used GeForce Experience to optimise the game, and deleted & re-installed drivers, but no changes.

A suggestion from reddit was to run 3DMark demo on Steam, which I've done but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at when it comes to the results:
  • Time Spy Score: 14,539 (Average 15,266 and Best 17,061)
  • Graphics score: 18,702
    • Test 1 - 123.14 FPS
    • Test 2 - 106.28 FPS
  • CPU score 6,430
    • CPU test - 21.60 FPS
Max GPU Temperature 76 degrees Celsius.
GPU Clock frequency typically around 1905 MHz, with a few dips.
GPU load was sat around 98/99% for the majority of both of the graphics tests.

Anyone know if I should be getting more out of my 3080Ti, and what I can change to do so?

TIA!

EDIT:

Additional details:

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your system's specs are incomplete. Please add the make and model of your motherboard, PSU and your storage. As for the ram, do you have a link to the ram kit? What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on? Can you also check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Make and model of your case and it's airflow would also be of assistance in troubleshooting.

Reactions: KevinThatDog
Sep 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your system's specs are incomplete. Please add the make and model of your motherboard, PSU and your storage. As for the ram, do you have a link to the ram kit? What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on? Can you also check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Make and model of your case and it's airflow would also be of assistance in troubleshooting.
Hi, thanks for following up, apologies for the missing info..

I've updated my original post to include what you have requested. Please let me know if I've missed anything!

Thanks!

Sep 8, 2021
Looks to me like your CPU is limiting your GPU's ability to render frames. I'd upgrade it to a Ryzen 5600x.
Hey, thanks for the advice. I’d happily accept this except my friend with the same CPU and an rtx 3070Ti is getting more frames on the same settings. I’be tried some suggestions from Reddit with no improvements. I’m currently reinstalling windows to see if that helps. If not, I’ve got a friend with a beastly setup and an rtx 3070ti, and he said I can put my gpu into his pc to see if the issues persist. If so I guess it’s a faulty gpu?