Question RTX 3090 ROG STRIX OC - Display port issue

donnypwnz

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2015
Hey everyone, yesterday i ran my rtx 3090 rog strix oc through furmark everything was fine 0 artifacts ive played some games, updated my driver. Suddenly the next day all 3 of my DP ports will not give me any signal and only the hdmi works instantly.

What could be the fix or are they all fried somehow?

Ive changed PSU cables currently having 2 sepperate cables 1 solo 6+2 and then the other cable 2x 6+2 in my gpu.

Changed the slot, nothing seems to work unfortunately.

Does anyone has any idea what happend since the HDMI ports works as normal?

Thanks for your input in advance!

Edit: resetting the cmos helped one screen being functional on all 3 DP ports, but one screen just dont want to function at all, maybe the screens DP is dead?

Edit 2: ive tried the dp and the other screen on my old pc with the same DP it seems that it doesnt want to run 2 DP ports for some odd reason might do a reinstall of windows and hope for the best.

Edit 3: i legit have no clue what is happening when i reset the cmos 1 display works good on all 3 ports but it wont take another one with it and if i restart the pc it wont show output again to neither of the screens

(I switched from a gtx 1080 to rtx 3090) Can anyone confirm that this might be a driver issue instead of the card cuz after the cmos reset the card works with one screen somehow and outputs it on all 3 display port so you would think its not broken hmm...

Another noteable thing is that i have a 1000w PSU i connected 2 cables to the gpu which 1 standalone 6x2 pins and 2x 6x2 pins from one cable. Is this correct?

donnypwnz

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2015
So to summarize:

1) One display works on all of the DP ports after a CMOS reset, but after i boot into windows click on shutdown and put on the pc back on it wont give any signal again. Also the second screen wont work at all no matter what and it does work on my old gtx 970

2) HDMI 2x does work with all the screens even after a reboot, but why isnt the display ports working as normal im so confused.

donnypwnz

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2015
Alrighty after a long 2 days ive figured out something new!

The displayports work but only after you reset the CMOS.. UNTIL the AC power cable gets removed then suddenly i need to reset the CMOS again? Does anyone have suggestions for this?

TRENDING THREADS