Oct 19, 2020
Hi.
My setup is
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING
RTX 4070TI
Ryzen 7 3700x
32gb ram at 3200MHz
corsair gold 650W

i seem to only be getting like 140 fps max on low at 1440p with my setup, while looking at preformance on other people with simular cards getting over 200+ fps with these settings
i have run'd bench and everything is fine there..
i have this particular problem thats anoying that textures seem to not load inn, like if i am standing and watching a tree is blurre, but when i aim in it corrects itself, and it's like that all over the place
i have tried to reeinstall windows and all drivers ( clean innstall)
i asumme i have a little bottleneck since my cpu, but it shouldn't eat this much fps shoudld it?

thx for the help.

I’m thinking the cpu is holding you back. I know bottleneck calculators aren’t always totally reliable but you can see a bit here.

However you are probably introducing a bottleneck by running on low on a 4070ti at 1440p.

I’d suggest though to consider selling the 3700x and get a 5700x, or if you want to max out your system grab a 5800x3d.

As far as textures are you meaning you are getting ghosting or trails for example? If that’s the case, make you aren’t using the windows settings for making text larger. I was doing that and some games looked terrible. Come to find out that the zooming was applying to some games and messing with the settings. Looked better after I turned off that setting.

Also on psu, Corsair makes good psus but I think I’d upgrade that for peace of mind when you can. 650 watts for a high end card seems low. Add in say a 5800x3d and your cpu power goes from like 65 watts to 125 iirc. Not to mention when it boosts.

shadowflipz

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
okey, Ohio, no the textures is wierd, its like it wont load in the textures until i am close enough or somehting.
like if i am standing 40 meters away and watch a tree it's not loaded, but if i get closer or if i aim in my gun the texture loads in.

KyaraM

Admirable
okey, thx, anyone have some fix to the texture problem tho?
Well, last time I had that issue, a CPU upgrade completely eradicated the peoblem, so...

Also, switch out that PSU. 650W isn't even nearly enough for that card, and your blackscreens liely result from that. While the 4000 series is a lot better in that regard than the 3000 series, transient spikes are still an issue.

shadowflipz

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
I ram a 3700x and 3080 at 1440p before upgrading to a 5800X3D. It’s your cpu limiting maximum fps. You can squeeze a little more out by using PBO if temps are good.
Hmm okey, but should i be able to lay steady on 144Hz with settings on low? Like i see people saying with better cpu you can get 15-20% more fps.. but now warzone 2 runs like 105-130 jumping alot.. feels like the 4070ti should be getting me steady 144 on 1440p?

Basically cpu is responsible for fps. Gpu is responsible for the settings and what details you can run. In other words you can have a powerful gpu like a 4070ti pushing frames to your cpu, but if your 3700x can’t keep up then the 4070ti is essentially twiddling it’s thumbs waiting on your cpu.

By running low settings on a powerful gpu you are effectively asking your cpu to work harder. So you may try turning settings up a little and see if your performance improves.

Reactions: KyaraM

shadowflipz

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
Basically cpu is responsible for fps. Gpu is responsible for the settings and what details you can run. In other words you can have a powerful gpu like a 4070ti pushing frames to your cpu, but if your 3700x can’t keep up then the 4070ti is essentially twiddling it’s thumbs waiting on your cpu.

By running low settings on a powerful gpu you are effectively asking your cpu to work harder. So you may try turning settings up a little and see if your performance improves.
Okey will do that later and try it. Thx for the help ;)

I would also agree to increase your graphics settings. You are holding your GPU back by lowering the settings, in a strange way. Essentially you want to turn your graphics up to make the GPU do its job better. You may gain FPS, but you will gain visuals. That is what I suspect is "wrong" with your textures. That looks like LOD to me, which is Level of Detail. When you are far away, it renders a lower quality texture, and renders a better texture when you get close. This is probably adjustable in game settings, and with you running on low settings, a low LOD means you will be easily able to see when the textures switch from low to high resolution. If you increase LOD, the good texture renders farther away, so you cant see the change.

shadowflipz

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
I would also agree to increase your graphics settings. You are holding your GPU back by lowering the settings, in a strange way. Essentially you want to turn your graphics up to make the GPU do its job better. You may gain FPS, but you will gain visuals. That is what I suspect is "wrong" with your textures. That looks like LOD to me, which is Level of Detail. When you are far away, it renders a lower quality texture, and renders a better texture when you get close. This is probably adjustable in game settings, and with you running on low settings, a low LOD means you will be easily able to see when the textures switch from low to high resolution. If you increase LOD, the good texture renders farther away, so you cant see the change.
okey, thanks for the info will try to adjust settings to see if it helps.

Rdgeno

Reputable
Aug 28, 2019
Hi I was reading your specs. You have a 650 watt PSU. I just bought the same card and it needs an 850 watt PSU.
That may be a bug part of your problem. I cant say for sure because I went from 650 to 850 I never ran it on 650.

Reactions: Why_Me

TRENDING THREADS