Question RTX 4080 and a new PC .. Lower than expected FPS in Warzone 2?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tomtendo

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
Before I explain what is happening, here are my PC Specs
  • CPU:Intel Core i7-12700KF 12-Core 3.60 GHz
  • GPU:GeForce® RTX™ 4080
  • RAM:Team T-FORCE Delta RGB 3200 MHz (max speed) 32 GB (2 x 16 GB)
  • Storage:Western Digital Blue SN570 NVMe M.2 SSD 1 TB
  • PSU: XPG Core Reactor, 850W, 80+ Gold
I am only getting around 130-170 FPS in Warzone 2 at 1080p max settings, whereas online, I see people with similar builds and 4080 getting 200+ FPS for 1080p. My CPU utilization is only around 3-6% and my GPU around 60% max during play.

What is happening? Similar issues with other games. Like GTA 5. Online youtube video shows them getting 180 max settings...and I am 150.

tomtendo

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
Check this video: Z690 rebar

Advanced>Chipset>Above 4G Decoding Set to Enabled>Re-Size BAR Support

"Resizable BAR is an optional PCI Express interface technology. As you move through a world in a game, GPU memory (VRAM) constantly transfers textures, shaders and geometry via many small CPU to GPU transfers.
With the ever-growing size of modern game assets, this results in a lot of transfers. Using Resizable BAR, assets can instead be requested as-needed and sent in full, so the CPU can efficiently access the entire frame buffer. And if multiple requests are made, transfers can occur concurrently, rather than queuing. "
ReBar is already enabled in my bios

mjbn1977

Distinguished
The 4080 is not a card for 1080Pp....you will be heavily CPU limited. It can even happen in 1440p when you playing high FPS games. I don't think that anything is wrong with the video card. You in the territory of bottlenecks based on CPU and RAM combo.

That is the main reason why most reviewers don't even bother to test and review the card in Full HD.

Jan 6, 2023
I have the same issue - I get about 90-120 FPS in Warzone 2 at 1440p - though I am expecting 144 FPS. This is regardless of whether I set the graphics quality to Low or Ultra - it makes no difference. Would anyone be kind enough to check my PC specs and suggest what might be causing the issue please?
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/58095363

Last edited:

sonofjesse

Distinguished
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCFXxUAR1uM

he was AVG 169.......

Your saying online their at 180 your at 160 don't seem that far off, unless they have 100% the same machine as you and drivers/software version. Benchmarks are a guide.

each system is different, patch version of drivers, game, bios, windows etc etc, tons of variables.

your CPU should be more than 3%, are you sure that is correct?

As long as you decent 1% lows, at your staying over 100 I would think your going to be ok :) (But I"m not a competive gamer)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I have the same issue - I get about 90-120 FPS in Warzone 2 at 1440p - though I am expecting 144 FPS. This is regardless of whether I set the graphics quality to Low or Ultra - it makes no difference. Would anyone be kind enough to check my PC specs and suggest what might be causing the issue please?
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/58095363
You have a 3700x. It's not in the same category as a 5800x3D, your fps will be somewhat lower.