Question RTX 4090 strange electric noise on boot

Dec 6, 2023
So this morning I turned on my PC and I noticed a sound that didnt seem to be there before. It was almost like there was some electric noise on one of the fans. So i took out my side panel and i started trying to single out the culprit.
It had to be the GPU... :(
So i disconnected the GPU and the noise seemd to be gone. So then I listened closely and it seems to be some kind of static electric noise on boot. I honestly cant rememeber if it was there before... I have recordings etc of my PC but I cant make out if this noise is there or not.

I have attached a video of the bootup below. The sound im referring to is the electric noise just after i power on the PC
Video

please help :( I just need to know if this is normal or not. I cant stop stressing right now because the GPU is expensive. Other then this noise the temps are good and the games run like normal. Its just this noise is kinda bugging me.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

If you're unsure of the source of the noise, you should take a sheet of A4 paper, roll it into a cylinder and then hold one end to your ear while the other end is used to probe for the source of the sound. I don't hear the noise you speak of but I hear what seems to be fan blades brushing up against a small length of cable or cable tie.

TRENDING THREADS