Mar 29, 2022
Hi. I have an Alienware M15 R1:
i7 8750H
2x 8GB (16GB) 2667mhz RAM
Intel UHD 630
RTX 2070 Max-Q
250GB SSD Samsung Evo Plus
1TB SSD Samsung Evo Plus

In Task Manager it lists my RTX GPU is on DirectX version 12 (FL 12.1) however almost all the games I own (including: PubG, Fortnite, Wreckfest and other similar games) default to DirectX 11 or just don't have the option to use DirectX 12. The closest I can get to it is DirectX 12 Beta. Is it the lack of games that support DirectX 12 currently or a GPU like issue like an out of date driver? I have checked with Geforce Experience that my GPU is always completely up to date and set in both Windows Graphics settings and Nvidia Control Panel that my Nvidia GPU be the preferred GPU that is used however it still almost always defaults to DirectX 11?

Hi. I have an Alienware M15 R1:
i7 8750H
2x 8GB (16GB) 2667mhz RAM
Intel UHD 630
RTX 2070 Max-Q
250GB SSD Samsung Evo Plus
1TB SSD Samsung Evo Plus

In Task Manager it lists my RTX GPU is on DirectX version 12 (FL 12.1) however almost all the games I own (including: PubG, Fortnite, Wreckfest and other similar games) default to DirectX 11 or just don't have the option to use DirectX 12. The closest I can get to it is DirectX 12 Beta. Is it the lack of games that support DirectX 12 currently or a GPU like issue like an out of date driver? I have checked with Geforce Experience that my GPU is always completely up to date and set in both Windows Graphics settings and Nvidia Control Panel that my Nvidia GPU be the preferred GPU that is used however it still almost always defaults to DirectX 11?
DirectX i s downward compatible, you can't make a game run in Dx12 if's note made for it.
DirectX is just a set of APIs as a bridge between SW, drivers and hardware so it doesn't have to be written in every piece of SW/games.