[SOLVED] RTX2080Ti Super Spec?

Gintama69

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Do you think we'll get RTX2080Ti Super by the end of the year?

I think we'll get one in next two months, and it's gonna be ~11% faster than RTX2080Ti.. :D
5vt9Ur6.jpg

What do you think?

Solution
lol but I still think 5700XT is crap.. cos AMD made it look cheap by only selling shitty blower coolers at the start(n they ran super noisy and super hot).
Personally I'd pick RTX2070 over 5700XT any day, cos it's got RTX features, runs much cooler and quieter, and doesn't have any driver issues like you mentioned.
Yeah, that didn't make a whole lot of sense at all. Nvidia eventually stopped using the blower model, although, some of the AIBs still sold them. There's a limit to what that design can handle without it running like a jet engine all the time.

Underneath that RTX 2070 is just a refined Pascal. A 3-4 years old tech. What's it got over the 5700/XT's new RDNA? Reliability.
I feel more people need to be made aware of the...

Gintama69

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Nothing to get excited over, even if true.
Wait for 7nm.
I'm fine with 12nm as long as the performance is noticeably better than RTX2080Ti.

And who really cares about 7nm..
Just look at AMD's shitty 5700XT, it's 7nm but can barely match NVidia's last gen mid-range card(RTX2070) despite not having the latest RTX feature and much higher TDP(175W vs 225W).. that's just sad.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm fine with 12nm as long as the performance is noticeably better than RTX2080Ti.

And who really cares about 7nm..
Just look at AMD's shitty 5700XT, it's 7nm but can barely match NVidia's last gen mid-range card(RTX2070) despite not having the latest RTX feature and much higher TDP(175W vs 225W).. that's just sad.
Well, you already saw how the 2080 Super turned out...

What do you mean, 'the 5700XT barely matches the RTX 2070'? The 5700XT outperforms it(now replaced by the 2060 Super), while being the same price. And who really cares about power consumption besides laptop users?
The power consumption isn't even that bad, nor that big of a deal... look at the RX Vega 64, heck, look at your own build! You're not actually concerned with power consumption, are you?
You've got enough headroom on that psu to SLI the 2080Ti if you wanted, otherwise, you're only using about half it's total output at times.

They only ones who should be concerned with power are laptop users. The limit to what kind of hardware can be put into these lil' toasters without making them any heavier and forcing people to include cooling pads is already here.

Nvidia will do better simply because of the bigger budget - this is one of AMD's weaknesses. It's the reason there are so many driver issues with AMD products.
Nvidia can afford to send teams out to all these different developers and work with them to make drivers for games and other applications... you don't really see or hear about that with AMD much. Maybe they don't care to do it?
Could it be? I don't know.

Doubt they'll come out swinging from the gate, though. They won't need to - they'll just pull another Titan Xp and Super launch with the next cards, and blah, blah, blah, I'm going to stop, because I just now realized I'm in the middle of one of my rants again!

Gintama69

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Well, you already saw how the 2080 Super turned out...

What do you mean, 'the 5700XT barely matches the RTX 2070'? The 5700XT outperforms it(now replaced by the 2060 Super), while being the same price. And who really cares about power consumption besides laptop users?
The power consumption isn't even that bad, nor that big of a deal... look at the RX Vega 64, heck, look at your own build! You're not actually concerned with power consumption, are you?
You've got enough headroom on that psu to SLI the 2080Ti if you wanted, otherwise, you're only using about half it's total output at times.

They only ones who should be concerned with power are laptop users. The limit to what kind of hardware can be put into these lil' toasters without making them any heavier and forcing people to include cooling pads is already here.

Nvidia will do better simply because of the bigger budget - this is one of AMD's weaknesses. It's the reason there are so many driver issues with AMD products.
Nvidia can afford to send teams out to all these different developers and work with them to make drivers for games and other applications... you don't really see or hear about that with AMD much. Maybe they don't care to do it?
Could it be? I don't know.

Doubt they'll come out swinging from the gate, though. They won't need to - they'll just pull another Titan Xp and Super launch with the next cards, and blah, blah, blah, I'm going to stop, because I just now realized I'm in the middle of one of my rants again!
lol but I still think 5700XT is crap.. cos AMD made it look cheap by only selling shitty blower coolers at the start(n they ran super noisy and super hot).
Personally I'd pick RTX2070 over 5700XT any day, cos it's got RTX features, runs much cooler and quieter, and doesn't have any driver issues like you mentioned.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, that didn't make a whole lot of sense at all. Nvidia eventually stopped using the blower model, although, some of the AIBs still sold them. There's a limit to what that design can handle without it running like a jet engine all the time.

Underneath that RTX 2070 is just a refined Pascal. A 3-4 years old tech. What's it got over the 5700/XT's new RDNA? Reliability.
I feel more people need to be made aware of the possible issues that can arise from purchasing new hardware. That they are essentially signing themselves up to be free beta testers.

You know what? I'm going to carefully reconsider what platform I suggest to people looking to upgrade or build from scratch. It's only been a few months, I imagine AMD needs a few more(hopefully) before they get most of the bugs ironed out.
Same deal in the cpu market right now. Even though Intel's latest chips are hot, power hungry, not exactly value oriented, and with security patches, their 14nm + Infinity platform still appears to be more stable than AMD's at least.

Solution