Question RTX3080ti low fps in many games.

mr.agero

Reputable
Nov 21, 2018
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K
GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 ti XC3 Ultra
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750w
Mainboard: ASUS Prime z490-a
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX 3600Mhz

First off, excuse my English.
I upgraded my GTX1080 to a 3080ti and was expecting a boost in performance, but so far my experience has been very frustrating and disappointing
I have been struggling with this for the past few days.
I tried many things, but nothing really seems to work, and I just don't know what the problem could be.

I play on a 1080p 240hz monitor, I play a few selected games on my 4k TV.
Games appear to run fine in 4k, but not in 1080p.

I have this Problem where I'm pretty sure I do not get the Fps I should in most games:
For example
CSGO: 200 fps
Apex: 200- 220 fps
Warzone: 110-130 fps
Battlefield 4: 160 fps
Some off these games are set to low or have dsll enabled, but there is no noticeable improvement, sometimes maybe about 20fps.
There are videos on YouTube with the same or very similar gpu and cpu setups that have way better performance, some get like 80fps more.

The only game that has similar performance to videos is Cyberpunk.

Some things I have tried:
I wiped my system clean and installed windows and all drivers from new,
Uninstalling Drivers with DDU,
Performance settings in windows and nvidia,

Gpu Temp is around: 80 °C
CPU about 60 °C

I hope someone might be able to help me out
Will provide any information that is needed.

Thank you!

Run HWiNFO64 in the background (sensors only, logging on) while you game for at least 30 mins then check the log file to see if anything is amiss.

Also, Having a system drive that is having 'issues' can definitely affect gaming performance. Run the Samsung Magician diagnostics on both your Samsung drives to see what it says. Any issue or either of them below 95% health?

mr.agero

Reputable
Nov 21, 2018
Run HWiNFO64 in the background (sensors only, logging on) while you game for at least 30 mins, then check the log file to see if anything is amiss.

Also, Having a system drive that is having 'issues' can definitely affect gaming performance. Run the Samsung Magician diagnostics on both your Samsung drives to see what it says. Any issue or either of them below 95% health?

So I checked for the drives for issues and health. Both SSDs are above 98% health and have no issues.
Can't get info on the HDD tho, it just says good. But I can also remove the HDD if this could be the cause since I only use it to store files and not games.

I also played CSGO for about 40mins while having HWiNFO64 logging in the background. Since I'm no expert in this area, I can't really tell myself if there are any potential problems.

mr.agero

Reputable
Nov 21, 2018
I hope you're not trying to run those games via the red wd hdd, as that's not even a "standard" pc's hdd but it's more like a NAS hdd.
Nope I only run games on the SSDs but good to know that the HDD I've been using for years now isn't even really for normal PCs. Could this be the problem even tho im not playing games form this drive?

mr.agero

Reputable
Nov 21, 2018
Can't tell for sure but you might be a little short on the bios.
Check the mobo site for the latest bios/chipset driver/ME driver.
If you update any of them run UBM and post a link.
I couldn't find any new drivers, so I decided to open up my case unplug everything, remove the cpu etc. after putting everything back I'm getting better performance in games than before. GPU usage is still on the lower side tho compared to some videos online. Here is my new UBM Link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44431340

I couldn't find any new drivers, so I decided to open up my case unplug everything, remove the cpu etc. after putting everything back I'm getting better performance in games than before. GPU usage is still on the lower side tho compared to some videos online. Here is my new UBM Link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44431340
I see you have removed the hdd from the mix might mean something or nothing.
You may need to fuss with gpu settings or game settings.

Some reading.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbq-XpeNckY

mr.agero

Reputable
Nov 21, 2018
I see you have removed the hdd from the mix might mean something or nothing.
You may need to fuss with gpu settings or game settings.

Some reading.
So after spending some more time to find a fix with the problem, I still haven't found out what's causing the low GPU usage.

CSGO is behaving very weird now I can get as much as 400fps in some instances but as soon as I see just 1 enemy fps can drop as low as 160 I really don't know what to do anymore. It's like this in most games, if I in the sky or somewhere where nothing much is going on the GPU usage can go up to a very high, but as soon as there is a bit more action etc. the usage can drop by a huge amount. It isn't like this in all the videos I watched of people playing the same games with nearly the same setup.

People on other forums suggested that maybe there is a problem with the motherboard or the ram. I order a new Motherboard and Ram. If nothing changes, I really don't know what to do...

Overclocking the GPU only made a real difference in 4K where I can see a slight performance boost, not so much in 1080p tho.