Question Rufus not working for installing windows 11 upgrade.

Nov 28, 2021
I was using rufus to do an in place upgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 11.
I used rufus and a 128 GB USB thumb drive to make a copy of windows 11 setup.
My pc does not have TPM and my cpu does not meet the requirements for windows 11.
So I am using rufus to bypass TPM and cpu requirements. When I click on windows 11 setup
it starts by installing updates and then says it needs to restart to complete the process.
Then I get a box that says this pc does not meet the minimum requirements to install windows 11.
The install stops right there. I am trying to upgrade. I don't want to do a fresh stand alone install.
If I restart my pc with the thumb drive plugged in then my pc may do a fresh install. That is not what I want it to do.
I shouldn't have to reboot to get setup to work with my pc. In rufus I selected no TPM, no secure boot or Ram check.
It should bypass all of the windows 11 checks before install. But it is not doing it. If it would upgrade by booting from the thumb
drive then I would do it that way. But rufus says if you want to do an in place upgrade to windows 11. Then you are supposed to
click on the setup file on the thumb drive. I followed the instructions to the letter and windows 11 still will not install.
I need some help please.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I was using rufus to do an in place upgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 11.
I used rufus and a 128 GB USB thumb drive to make a copy of windows 11 setup.
My pc does not have TPM and my cpu does not meet the requirements for windows 11.
So I am using rufus to bypass TPM and cpu requirements. When I click on windows 11 setup
it starts by installing updates and then says it needs to restart to complete the process.
Then I get a box that says this pc does not meet the minimum requirements to install windows 11.
The install stops right there. I am trying to upgrade. I don't want to do a fresh stand alone install.
If I restart my pc with the thumb drive plugged in then my pc may do a fresh install. That is not what I want it to do.
I shouldn't have to reboot to get setup to work with my pc. In rufus I selected no TPM, no secure boot or Ram check.
It should bypass all of the windows 11 checks before install. But it is not doing it. If it would upgrade by booting from the thumb
drive then I would do it that way. But rufus says if you want to do an in place upgrade to windows 11. Then you are supposed to
click on the setup file on the thumb drive. I followed the instructions to the letter and windows 11 still will not install.
I need some help please.

That not the way Windows 11 is supposed to be installed, nor is it advisable to try and bypass anything.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I got the information about rufus and how to do it from Toms hardware.
So I thought this would be the best place to ask for help.

Oh well if that's the case then somebody here that has knowledge of how to circumvent Microsoft advisable method might spot this thread and offer you assistance in solving your issue, but my Opinion still is don't install like that, you can run into some serious issues later on.