Rumor: Apple, Intel Working on iWatch for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
This could be a stepping stone to something more interesting considering bendable phones are on the horizon. How about a plastic glove with all of your info facing you.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Thanks, but I just keep my Rolex.
Just got a new one on a Christmas sale on 42nd street. $69.95, a real steal the vendor told mel :)

G

Watch the patents for "a device that presents the user with time in a digital format" come rolling in...

G

And the iSheep will laud it as the greatest invention ever, and buy them by the truckload... Get a life...

remingtonh

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
[citation][nom]gtaking112[/nom]@doive1231 Quick do it before apple patents it!UPDATE: too late.[/citation]

You know the name...now own the watch...

goodegg

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
So instead of annoyingly looking at your phone 11 times an hour during a meeting, you can annoyingly look at your watch 11 times an hour during a meeting. Which is more disrespectful is left to the user as an exercise.

Except for specific users, watches are jewelry and really don't even need to tell the time any more.

drbaltazar

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
only reason why iwatch might fail is the unsexiness of it!if apple can muster its doyoulookgood.com krew and cook up a very good looking device (all aluminum around the edge a la their cellphone)with front and back gorilla glass 3 colored with optional do you look good front and back etc ?they might have a new hot sell!we ll have to wait and see!hopefully they ll put some feature on the wrist holding thing .(bracelet)like a flexible Samsung display?wait they cant they re in court vs them lol!

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]mgilbert[/nom]And the iSheep will laud it as the greatest invention ever, and buy them by the truckload... Get a life...[/citation]

"Get a life" as you comment on a *rumor* about something you don't like. Irony.

G

What benefits would I get on a watch that I already don't have on a phone? Siri is a start, but it doesn't solve a problem that I may face while talking on my watch like a CIA agent (doesn't bode well when you live in a gang area full of people paranoid about cops and feds), so scratch that. App notifications would be more useful, but why would I need a bluetooth for that when it could be synced to the cloud? So app notifications is a benefit, but to what extent? I want traffic delays, alternate routes in case of weather or an accident, I wouldn't mind knowing the game score at short glance either. I don't want to talk to my watch or program it, I just want it to do things for me so I won't have to keep asking it. Add that into a watch, and there's a slight chance I may be interested. But if ios is just slapped on with nothing to separate it from a phone or a pod, then there is really no sense in buying one. I have a watch that lasted me for 6 years before dying, i also want that, no freaking upgrades year after year. That would motivate me to not buy one

Status
Not open for further replies.