Rumor: Battlefield 3 May Arrive on Steam After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Good thing I didn't buy it off Origin yet. I'm sorry EA, I will not have you snoop through my HDD for personal info to sell. I hope it doesn't require an Origin account to play. That would suck.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]aznshinobi[/nom]OMG... THEY DO THIS AFTER I PREORDER FROM EA... WTF.[/citation]

Yea for real....now wtf do I do, get a refund before it's to late and hope BF3 comes on steam??

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]the associate[/nom]Yea for real....now wtf do I do, get a refund before it's to late and hope BF3 comes on steam??[/citation]
just get a refund, purchase again later if you have to

G

I pre-ordered from Best Buy, would I be able to play it through Steam or is Origin still required to play it?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]anony8943[/nom]I pre-ordered from Best Buy, would I be able to play it through Steam or is Origin still required to play it?[/citation]
as of now, origin is required for all purchases on the PC. wouldn't be surprised if even the STEAM version required origin, something like gfwl on steam. it would be annoying, but i'd still choose that over just origin only. i'm a weirdo.

G

"We want to be able to support our customer directly"

that should be read as:

"We want to be able to snoop our customer's PC directly"

n8dogg

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I just cancelled my origin order. The guy on the other end said that if you ordered it through origin, you will play it through origin just like any other game, it will not be a steamworks game that will have interchangeable keys . He also said that they've had tons of cancellations today and had heard the rumor.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
i dont care. Physical copy here. i have a few games on EA store before Origin, all of them got ported. pretty nice to have all my physical copies ported over to digital copies.

I like the fact EA changed their term of service agreement. It no longer does those things like what steam still does. Strange that NO FUCKING NEWS MEDIA COVER IT.

G

so now you will launch BF3 from steam, it will open origin, then it will open battlelog on your browser and then it will open the game.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom] Strange that NO FUCKING NEWS MEDIA COVER IT.[/citation]

Didn't you hear? Steve Jobs is dieded. That's way more important than everything.
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]as of now, origin is required for all purchases on the PC. wouldn't be surprised if even the STEAM version required origin, something like gfwl on steam. it would be annoying, but i'd still choose that over just origin only. i'm a weirdo.[/citation]

Yea, I'm betting on this more than anything.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I would just like to let everyone know that Steam collects the same info that Orgin does pretty much.

For anyone interested, look it up, but in that EULA that most people just click "Yes" on, Steam is basically allowed to collect any information it pleases, just like Orgin. Not that [enter company here] will, but you give them the OK once you accept that EULA.

Status
Not open for further replies.