Rumor: Google YouTube Division May Be Acquiring Twitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I think they might integrate a Google account in there somewhere, but for some reason I think they're doing this to help build up their upcoming android TV platform, so as to add live streaming content. I'm hoping they expand the service to extend beyond gaming and to incorporate other live feeds.

Imagine, cooking or teaching on twitch, while being able to answer questions in real time.

And they are going to be tracking you and selling your data all the while.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
Only good things for Google will be all that money will be in One Big Family.

Only Good thing for Streamers will probably better network.

Many bad things for Watchers & some for Streamers. One might be playing Copyrighted Music. And yes the Google+ thing.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Nothing left to really say here. It's pretty bad when so many can see right through the scheme that Google is already cooking up...the whole deal has a stench to it.

The only good things that can come of this is that it will give google even more bargaining power with ISPs. It will be hard for comcast/verizon to limit speeds to google services when they pretty much do all the streaming on the internet.

TheAshigaru

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Is it just me or does $1 billion seem low? I'm not really in favor of this at all, but it seems like Twitch could get a bit more out of Google. I mean, it's not like they can't afford it...

TheAshigaru

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

And they are going to be tracking you and selling your data all the while.

They'll sell your number of APM in Starcraft and your average CS per game in League (the horror!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS