Rumor: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 to Have Intel Atom SoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alibaba88

Honorable
May 24, 2013
I for one certainly hope this rumor doesn't come to fruition, for Samsung's sake... As far as their mobile phones go, I absolutely love their Galaxy S line. From model to model, they seem to find great ways to stay innovative, offering up the latest technologies. But then there's these tablets of theirs... Guh. Can't say I'll bother considering these tablets when they consistently appear to lag behind their competitors. Give me a Full HD display at the very least, even though Google's Nexus 10 offers a crazy 2560×1600 resolution. But then again, maybe they'll have an attractive price tag :p.

guvnaguy

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I would consider it only if it's priced well-below $200. These specs are easily a year or more old already. If Samsung combined the potential performance and efficiency of the Baytrail/Silvermont SoCs with the high-res display tech already available in the iPad and Nexus 10, it could easily compete or surpass the competition.
Sounds like Samsung is focusing on its phones and abandoning its tablets

guvnaguy

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I would consider it only if it's priced well-below $200. These specs are easily a year or more old already. If Samsung combined the potential performance and efficiency of the Baytrail/Silvermont SoCs with the high-res display tech already available in the iPad and Nexus 10, it could easily compete or surpass the competition.
Sounds like Samsung is focusing on its phones and abandoning its tablets

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Let's wait for hardware to be released before we pass judgment. That said, a 720p display is plenty for me on a 7" tablet. Smudge marks and such from the rudimentary touch-screen inputs that are so popular these days are a far bigger turn-off.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I'm getting the SGT3 7" for free through a promotion with my bank, at least I'll have a tablet to go along with my smartphone, laptop, and desktop.

Uzin

Honorable
May 27, 2013
As the rumors are, Tab 3 will be very close to Tab 2 in terms of Hardware with only exception being, thinner and lighter.... Get to know some crystal clear facts on Galaxy Tab 2 at http://www.brandcollage.com/faceoff/apple-ipad-mini-vs-samsung-galaxy-tab2/

Status
Not open for further replies.