Rumored iPod Nano Refresh Coming in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Would it be strange for me to say this is the first I've heard about the iPod since early 2005? I guess it could have to do with me never looking it up but I mean... Anywhere. I always believe the iPhone replaced it essentially considering every kid and their grandmother owns one now!

The things you learn lurking on Tom's Hardware.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]snowzsan[/nom]Would it be strange for me to say this is the first I've heard about the iPod since early 2005? I guess it could have to do with me never looking it up but I mean... Anywhere. I always believe the iPhone replaced it essentially considering every kid and their grandmother owns one now!The things you learn lurking on Tom's Hardware.[/citation]

Seems a bit strange, yeah. It means you do a lot better job than I do at avoiding all the annoying adds and everything than I do. Put long story short MP3 players have evolved greatly since 05, if you weren't interested in mp3 players back than you might be now if you have a use for them. Interfaces on a lot of them have improved (not talking strictly ipod lines here but overall), and you can buy good quality ones for cheap. And some have gotten fancy and do video's, cover art, etc, aka stuff that doesn't really matter and you can get those resonably cheap if you really wanted to.

There I updated you in the past 7 years in mp3 players, you really didn't miss much. I'd still be using my old 256mb mp3 player if it was still working.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
As far as I am concerned the more they update the better, as long as update I mean upgrade. I have no interest in Ipods at all but they do drive the MP3 industry to improve. I tell you what I want... I want a device that is about the size of the original nano, with good sound output and upwards of 100GB of storage. Sell that for around £100 and I'll buy 3...

aragis

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Nano serves its purpose just fine. Make a 32GB version and cut the price a bit and it would be perfect.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
It's rumoured that the new nano (7th Gen) will start the reintroduction of the Wolfson audio codec over the currently used Cirrus Logic one that are in all iphone models and current ipod models.

In the audio community the switch to the Cirrus Logic audio codec after the introduction of the first iphone 3 is considered a massive step down in audio quality. And one of the reasons why true audiophiles still have and treasure their 5 years old Nano 3Gs or Classic 5Gs.

[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]Its the old iPod Nanos with their new Retinas display. $500! C'mon Apple can't you do something innovating?[/citation]
No, they can't. Keep beating the same dead horse and hoping their faithful customers won't notice. Guess what, they do notice. Esp. that immense bloatware called iTunes.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
add wifi and bluetooth, a high res screen, and make it thinner so it can be worn as a watch and not look ridiculous... some facebook/twitter/email/tethering integration, and the nano would be completely reborn. shit, i might get one just because of how cool it would be. but probably not because everyone will have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS