News Rumored RTX 4090 Ti Specs Posted: Nearly Full AD102

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
600W?! Electricians have gotten familiar with installing 50 Amp circuits in garages for electric vehicles. One more for your computer isn't too big an ask, right? Right?

I would expect Nvidia to launch this for $2400 or more. I can't see $2000 being a realistic price.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So are they going to do like the 3090TI launch and make it seem like it's going to $2,499 then knock it down to $2,299 almost immediately so it looks like they did us all a favor? Given Nvidia's recent pricing no way this comes out even at the less ridiculous $1,999 the 3090TI eventually hit for "launch MSRP". Especially given that full fat ADA DC cards are selling for 6-8K. Which is really what seems to be dragging up consumer graphics pricing now.

bolweval

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
600W?! Electricians have gotten familiar with installing 50 Amp circuits in garages for electric vehicles. One more for your computer isn't too big an ask, right? Right?

I would expect Nvidia to launch this for $2400 or more. I can't see $2000 being a realistic price.
600w divided by 120v = 5a

And I'm an electrician so if i need a dedicated circuit I'm good! ; )

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Running a dedicated 240v line to your PC wouldn't be a bad thing for efficiency. Though 50 amps is a bit much.

Reactions: bolweval

Ar558

Proper
Dec 13, 2022
This gonna be $2.5k and the value will be awful as the performance jump won't be anywhere near the 50%+ price increase but it's a Halo product for the d*ck measuring contest crowd, it's overkill in all gaming scenarios.

D

Deleted member 14196

I want one and I dont care how much wattage it uses for the one hour a week that I game.
And even if you get one, nothing in your life, will change that much if at all. You’ll have that video card for sure, but it isn’t going to bring you the satisfaction you’re looking for. This is not the droids you’re looking for lol. Don’t get hung up on material things.. These things are unimportant next to your family and friends.

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
And even if you get one, nothing in your life, will change that much if at all. You’ll have that video card for sure, but it isn’t going to bring you the satisfaction you’re looking for. This is not the droids you’re looking for lol. Don’t get hung up on material things.. These things are unimportant next to your family and friends.
I have set aside time every week to play games with my childhood friends that are spread around the world. That time is priceless and I'm will to spend money to make sure its the best possible experience it can be.

D

Deleted member 14196

That’s cool. Enjoy. Just don’t get hung up on material things, you don’t always need the best to have fun. That’s my main point.

but if you must, you must

bolweval

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009

As a 60 years old geek, with two kids that are probably older than you, I have been PC gaming since Windows 3.0 and DOS games menu since 1990, I assure you I can afford the hardware, my retirement, my choice, fast hardware makes my happy! My kids and grand kids get my hardware hand me downs and think it's pretty cool that they have a grandfather that games with them.

But thanks for the life lesson Capt Obvious, LoLz! ; )

D

Deleted member 14196

As a 60 years old geek, with two kids that are probably older than you, I have been PC gaming since Windows 3.0 and DOS games menu since 1990, I assure you I can afford the hardware, my retirement, my choice, fast hardware makes my happy! My kids and grand kids get my hardware hand me downs and think it's pretty cool that they have a grandfather that games with them.

But thanks for the life lesson Capt Obvious, LoLz! ; )
Rock on 😀

I thought you was a youngun

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 23, 2022
This gonna be $2.5k and the value will be awful as the performance jump won't be anywhere near the 50%+ price increase but it's a Halo product for the d*ck measuring contest crowd, it's overkill in all gaming scenarios.
No, just your usage. The upcoming Pimax 12K headset has about 4.5 times the total pixels as a 4K display. Improvements to GPUs don’t just improve existing gaming setups, they open up new possibilities.

Sep 23, 2022
It had better support DisplayPort 2.1. The 4090 is already bumping its head against the ceiling of DP 1.4a’s bandwidth limitations, even with DSC.

I’d like to try this card out with Samsung’s new 7680x2160 Odyssey Neo G9 monitor, or the Pimax 12K headset with 2x 5760x3240 displays, but it’ll need DP 2.1 to exceed the 4090’s real-world performance, and to drive those displays to their full potential.

Ar558

Proper
Dec 13, 2022
No, just your usage. The upcoming Pimax 12K headset has about 4.5 times the total pixels as a 4K display. Improvements to GPUs don’t just improve existing gaming setups, they open up new possibilities.

Well the number of people who can afford a 4090Ti and a 12K headset are so small that you can count them on one hand are therefore pretty irrelevant!