Run workstation with out a graphics card or integrated graphics

Nov 16, 2018
Can I run a workstation with out an integrated graphics card And still surf the web and watch YouTube videoOn a 52'in 1080 television As I have never built a computer this will be the first one however my previous computer came configured with onboard graphics integrated inside of the A-10 6700 AMD processor.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I am at a standstill until I can figure out this important step?

Solution
"Integrated" graphics means that the CPU manufacturer has built graphics functionality into the CPU. You plug your monitor into the motherboard.

The alternative is "Discrete" graphics, which means you have a separate graphics card. You plug your monitor into this graphics card.

"Integrated" graphics is usually fine for watching movies, or doing work on the desktop (e.g. browsing, word processing, etc). The AMD integrated graphics are quite a bit stronger than the Intel integrated graphics, so if you want to run the occasional old game without a graphics card, you will need an AMD CPU, of the type described by Wolfshadw, above.

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
"Integrated" graphics means that the CPU manufacturer has built graphics functionality into the CPU. You plug your monitor into the motherboard.

The alternative is "Discrete" graphics, which means you have a separate graphics card. You plug your monitor into this graphics card.

"Integrated" graphics is usually fine for watching movies, or doing work on the desktop (e.g. browsing, word processing, etc). The AMD integrated graphics are quite a bit stronger than the Intel integrated graphics, so if you want to run the occasional old game without a graphics card, you will need an AMD CPU, of the type described by Wolfshadw, above.

Solution
Nov 16, 2018

Nov 16, 2018
Thanks! You Guys are very helpful cant wait to get started have order all the parts However, when i placed the order for the motherboard Asus PRIME B450M-A/CSM from partpicker when i check the status It was placed on backorder.Waiting patiently for the last part. Thanks again guys and girls for all the help this forum this is a really healthy environment and very responsive.

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012
I learnt that hard way. I have assemble my system not knowing that Integrated or GPU module is require for monitor for screen and boom no screen on boot up..

has Ryzen 2600

did some research and found out that Ryzen 2600 has no on-board graphics and without GPU it will not show up anything. Got my 580 3 days later and everything is working fine since then.