Apr 1, 2012
hi i run BF3 on :

Vaio E Series VPCEA16FG
i5-520M 2.4GHz
4 GB RAM
Radeon HD 5650
running the game on all Low, Vsync off, AF 2x, with 1366x768 res
drivers all updated

is there anyway to get fps to 60? the best i can get is 36, and mostly drops into 25 fps

and do my system too weak/a little weak/ or good enough to run on low? i'm not asking much for running it for more than low but i'm kinda scared that it might fry my system

Solution
you won't 'fry your system' you'll just get lower and lower frame rates. The card is poor, and thats why you can't get above 36, lowering the resolution might help. Laptops are not for gaming unless you've brought a gaming laptop, and then they are not for carrying or laps.
you won't 'fry your system' you'll just get lower and lower frame rates. The card is poor, and thats why you can't get above 36, lowering the resolution might help. Laptops are not for gaming unless you've brought a gaming laptop, and then they are not for carrying or laps.

Solution

chukkyjr

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
so, i only get low frame rates, but can run it just fine? lowering res strain the eye too much for me

Edited : i see, but i can't afford desktop now, since i'm away from home town and renting room for college, is there anyway to improve fps a little bit, or just improving the performance non-fps wise?

turn off aa and you should get 5-6 more fps... you need to run at absolutley minimum settings. you should be able to play at native rez but if your still not getting a minimum of 30 fps then your system isnt up to spec and theres nothing you can do about it. also force dx9 via the games config files.

chukkyjr

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012

how to set it to dx9? will it cause the visual to be very bad?

i can run at 40-50 fps ouydoor, but indoor i mostly got 35 fps (don't know why), and drops to a (usually) minimum 15-25 when there is a lot of explosion

believe it or not indoors has a higher poly count than outdoors as you have to render the roof walls and furniture. while outside you just use a massive but low detail poly to create the sky... but your always gonna struggle inside if you cant get it to run 30fps minimum...

also my bad i just had a look about and you cant force dx9 as the game only runs on dx10 and 11 hardware (i assumed you may be able to as you could with bfbc2)... looks like your gonna be running on minimum and struggling to keep your fps playable.

chukkyjr

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012

the game itself is playable for me lol, i can hit people far away with handguns, it's just that i'm kinda intrigued whether my machine can 'at least' run this game, and ya gonna try dropping the resolution