Running Hybrid without fan plugged into card ?

Slavegamer

Distinguished
May 5, 2014
Reason is :

I wanted to replace the Radiator fan on a Evga GTX 1070 TI . The fan I want uses 4 pin connection. The plug coming out the card for the fan is only 3 pin. Also wanted to hide that wire coming out of the card next to hoses. I know it's hard wired to the pump and my idea was to take off the shroud and bundle up the wire neatly between the 2 hoses at the base of the pump with electrical tape. This way I can use different fan that gets plugged into the 4 pin fan control hub I use for all my other radiator fans and case fans.

Question is , will the card be ok if it dose not detect the fan running ?
..and is it a bad idea bundling up that wire inside the shroud to hide it, maybe with some electrical tape for insulation .

I never seen fan go over 28% or temps go above 40c that's gaming full load using MSI afterburner to monitor

I was going to simply unplug the fan from the card and plug it into fan controller and run some benchmarks . But I am not sure if this is a good idea knowing that the software or bios would maybe throttle back if it dose not detect fan rpm's . The wire really dose not bother me , it's just that I want to replace the fan for aesthetics to match my other led fans on the case .