[SOLVED] Running multiple closed loop aios

Jun 19, 2020
This is my first solo build, i'm running an AMD 3600 x, I just put a closed loop AIO on it about two weeks ago, i've got the pump plugged into the CPU overhead, fans in sysfan1 sysfan2.
My question here is, I've ordered a NZXT G12 bracket, and an H80 V2 corsair closed loop AIO to cool my 2060 RTX by EVGA, My MOBO doesn't have multiple CPU overhead plugs, only one, so would I plug the AIO into pump fan 1 on my board? Or am I going to need a new board with multiple CPU overhead plugs

Im currently using the B450 Gaming Plus Max Motherboard

Solution
Yes, that seems good. Knowing the model of the existing AIO would also help, which you didn't mention.

Knowing the models of both AIO coolers is important because a lot of coolers have very dissimilar ways of doing things.
So, unless you are mistaken about where things are connected, you have it wrong.

Pump should be connected to the Pump_Fan1 header. Radiator fans should be connected to either the CPU_FAN header via splitter cable or to a dedicated fan connection from the pump depending on the cooler model.

The only way you should ever have the radiator fans connected to SYS_FAN headers is if the CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT are not usable because they're either not present or are used for the pump, or when your motherboard allows you to change to input sensor selection so that you can use the SYS FAN header but direct it to use the CPU thermal diode. The system, PCH and VRM thermal diodes are not recommended for use with radiator or heatsink fans because they do not directly react to the CPU thermal diode like the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers do. The water pump, if it doesn't simply have a full time dedicate SATA or other power source, should be connected to any header that allows for full time, 100% speed operation. It should not be set to a variable speed.

Not sure what you mean by "CPU overhead" plugs. Never heard of that before. If you are talking about CPU headers, yes, it doesn't need to have them. Your graphics card AIO should be able to be connected via splitter cable to the water pump header for the RPM signal, will likely have dedicated power to an extra SATA or Molex connector, and it's fans can be connected to any of the SYS FAN headers but you will need to designate the thermal source in the BIOS for that header to the graphics card GPU thermal sensor.

Jun 19, 2020
I appreciate your quick reply, so if im understanding this right, radiator fans into Cpu fan header via splitter, second aio (for gpu) connected to pump fan_1 via splitter(unless theres another dedicated power, I dont think there is) and second radiator fan into any sys fan header, but I need to designate it.

I have not found much information on this specific situation, I followed peer instruction for previous connections.

Jun 19, 2020
My plan is to try and run a splitter for the AIOs on the pump fan, if it some reason doesnt work out, I will re direct the cpu AIO on to the CPU fan, which will force me to redirect the radiator fans onto the system fan plugs. Thank you for the help