Question Running two sets of daisy-chained 8-pins to a 4090 ?

bolt853

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
I have a bit of a dilemma with my newly installed 4090. I have two 750w power supplies: A higher quality, but older unit from Seasonic, and a lower quality, but newer unit from EVGA. The Seasonic does have 4 x 8-pin power connectors, but only through two cables that are daisy-chained, in contrast to the EVGA PSU that has 4 dedicated 8-pin cables.

The reason I am tossing up between them is because the EVGA unit is very audible even at idle, and it becomes one of the loudest components at load. In contrast, the Seasonic unit is almost completely silent and has better quality components in general.

Would it be okay to use the daisy-chained cables from the Seasonic unit? Thanks.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
TBH, considering the cost of a quality appropriately rated PSU against a 4090 I am a bit surprised you would even consider anything other than the purchase of something correct. Your money to gamble.

Reactions: kurdtnz

bolt853

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
TBH, considering the cost of a quality appropriately rated PSU against a 4090 I am a bit surprised you would even consider anything other than the purchase of something correct. Your money to gamble.
I got this card for a large discount from a friend who didn't want it. Both units are sufficient to drive it, I'm just wondering whether it would be fine to daisy chain.