Question Running watercooling loop for the first time (new parts)

Dec 27, 2019
Hello Everyone,

As the title says, I have my hardware all setup, rigid tubes are all bent and connected to the fittings. I cleaned out my radiators with distilled water just to get the big gunks out. Now I am ready to leak test and flush the system before I fill the loop with the coolant I got from EK.

First question, besides distilled water, do you guys fill the loop with anything else to flush out the hardware and tubes? I know primochill has this liquid they advertise that is used to flush out your loops. I was wondering if something like that is needed or recommended to make sure that loop is clean and the coolant will run the through the loop with no problems after the first flush.

Second question, when tightening down the fittings. How tight do you want the fittings to be so you don't have to worry about stripping threads or destroying o rings? I just kept tightening untill the orings werent visible.

Thanks !

Dec 27, 2019
Well I was going to use distilled water only originally but I was wondering if there is something you guys add to the distilled water to clear/clean out the components? So 91% iso with distilled water?

Last edited: