Aug 13, 2023
Hey I'm actually doing this on my girlfriends behalf because I just bought her a new PC and she's having terrible frame drops on rust. She runs rust usually at 90-100 fps on max graphics on max servers for a short period of time then suddenly the game runs incredibly poorly. Cpu isn't overheating it's under 60 and the fans are running correctly. After the 1hr mark she drops to about 40 frames, 60 in chiller areas but goes down to 35 near missile silo and other big monuments etc. Here's the PC specs, I know rust is a CPU heavier game but my computer is older (2080gtx) and mine runs perfectly 100fps constantly.

PC specs
RTX 3080 Gaming PC, AMD Ryzen 5 5600 6 Core, AMD B550 Chipset, PNY GeForce RTX 3080 10GB, 16GB 3200MHz RAM, 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Corsair Crystal 280X Case, 650W PSU, WiFi, Win 11 Home
Link to the prebuild if you could give me any advice on what's mainly overpriced because I intend on getting a new PC eventually (I know all prebuilds are ripoff but I would like to know the value of this PC) https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/ready-to-run-pcs/gaming-pc/103643-r2r10073

This is a prebuilt I bought so no shaming if the parts are bad HAHAHA I don't know much about this stuff, please let me know what I can do.

Hey I'm actually doing this on my girlfriends behalf because I just bought her a new PC and she's having terrible frame drops on rust. She runs rust usually at 90-100 fps on max graphics on max servers for a short period of time then suddenly the game runs incredibly poorly. Cpu isn't overheating it's under 60 and the fans are running correctly. After the 1hr mark she drops to about 40 frames, 60 in chiller areas but goes down to 35 near missile silo and other big monuments etc. Here's the PC specs, I know rust is a CPU heavier game but my computer is older (2080gtx) and mine runs perfectly 100fps constantly.

PC specs
RTX 3080 Gaming PC, AMD Ryzen 5 5600 6 Core, AMD B550 Chipset, PNY GeForce RTX 3080 10GB, 16GB 3200MHz RAM, 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Corsair Crystal 280X Case, 650W PSU, WiFi, Win 11 Home
Link to the prebuild if you could give me any advice on what's mainly overpriced because I intend on getting a new PC eventually (I know all prebuilds are ripoff but I would like to know the value of this PC) https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/ready-to-run-pcs/gaming-pc/103643-r2r10073

This is a prebuilt I bought so no shaming if the parts are bad HAHAHA I don't know much about this stuff, please let me know what I can do.
The first thing I would do is swap the psu for a quality 850w psu.

Reactions: Darkbreeze
What is the EXACT model of the power supply?

Realize that when there is a problem with the PSU, even if it is not evident that it is the PSU, it can seem like there is a problem with ANYTHING that requires power from the PSU. It's really that simple.

Knowing the PSU model and how long it's been in service at least gives us an idea about how likely that is to be the problem or be contributing to it anyhow.

I'm definitely not sure why, in 2023, we are still having to tell people how important, in fact, maybe the ONLY important thing, in any build these days.

I mean, yes, other things are important, but none of them matter if you don't have a very decent, reliable power supply. 600 dollar motherboard is USELESS with a garbage PSU, and a lot of power supplies are junk regardless of the brand.

Aug 13, 2023
I'm definitely not sure why, in 2023, we are still having to tell people how important, in fact, maybe the ONLY important thing, in any build these days.

I mean, yes, other things are important, but none of them matter if you don't have a very decent, reliable power supply. 600 dollar motherboard is USELESS with a garbage PSU, and a lot of power supplies are junk regardless of the brand.
With all due respect I really appreciate your response but I don't know much about PC's and your sly remark about how everyone should know this "basic" thing is unnecessary. Regardless I appreciate your reply and I will invest in a good PSU. Thanks!

I was actually really not meaning for that to be directed towards you, at all, honestly. It was really simply a general statement. I don't mind at all in offering whatever help I can be to anybody who is looking to learn more or avoid a mistake, or resolve an issue, which is the whole reason we volunteer our time here. Believe me, it's not to make "sly" remarks about anybody. Who has time for that?