Rx 470 is really loud

dankvegan

Commendable
Feb 8, 2017
My red devil rx 470 sounds like a plane engine its so loud and every other one I have heard is fairly quiet so what is wrong with mine? also my amd a10 7700k fan is pretty loud but it only gets up to 120 f at most...

Solution

Right now, your card is running extremely cool (55 degrees Celcius at highest) - this can be attributed to the fact that your fans are running like crazy. If your card were running anywhere near 130 degrees celcius, the computer would have either throttled the card so that it would pump out less performance or it would have shut down the computer (of which, it did neither).

Like I said earlier, download MSI Afterburner and lower the fan curve (fan speed) using that software.

hbazzi98

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

well, as i reread your forum, it says 120 (F). is this correct? because 120 F is very different than 120 C

hbazzi98

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

ahh, this changes. i assumed it was 120 C because thats what we usually always use. but basic math 120 F equals about 49 C. Now this is weird because this is in a good range for the temperature. Do you know by any chance what RPM it runs when it is loud?

hbazzi98

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
hm. the only thing i can think of is that you got a graphic card that is a defect. i would call powercooler and see what they can do for you.

their number is Support Phone: 1-626-330-4700

Right now, your card is running extremely cool (55 degrees Celcius at highest) - this can be attributed to the fact that your fans are running like crazy. If your card were running anywhere near 130 degrees celcius, the computer would have either throttled the card so that it would pump out less performance or it would have shut down the computer (of which, it did neither).

Like I said earlier, download MSI Afterburner and lower the fan curve (fan speed) using that software.

Solution
What I suggest is the problem is your graphic drivers. This problem has appeared a lot in AMD drivers as of late.

What you'll need to do is run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) and uninstall all AMD graphics drivers. Once you've done that (in Safe Mode), you need to install the last AMD driver for your card that didn't cause the extreme fan curve.

Tell me if that works.