[SOLVED] RX 480 artifacting on only hdmi port after driver reinstall(Solved)

Sep 1, 2019
I reinstalled my drivers for my RX 480 which created artifacts on my second monitor. They are consistent vertical black lines all over the screen that I can not find a fix for. I have reseated my GPU, reinstalled my drivers multiple times, installed old drivers, tried different HDMI cables, reset my wattman settings, and updated windows/reinstalled drivers. I've never had this issue before and my primary monitor which is attached with a display cable is perfectly fine. I was overclocked in the past but only for a little and not recently I had no issues at that time. If any of you have any tips on how to fix it please let me know.

img-3791_orig.jpg
img-3792_orig.jpg

Solution
I reinstalled my drivers for my RX 480 which created artifacts on my second monitor. They are consistent vertical black lines all over the screen that I can not find a fix for. I have reseated my GPU, reinstalled my drivers multiple times, installed old drivers, tried different HDMI cables, reset my wattman settings, and updated windows/reinstalled drivers. I've never had this issue before and my primary monitor which is attached with a display cable is perfectly fine. I was overclocked in the past but only for a little and not recently I had no issues at that time. If any of you have any tips on how to fix it please let me know.

img-3791_orig.jpg
Sep 1, 2019
and the first monitor work ok? try switching the main and 2nd monitor?
I tried plugging the HDMI cable into my main monitor and there are no lines when it is on the main display so I thought it was a monitor issue but after switching the 2nd monitor the issue persists.

Sep 1, 2019
I tried another monitor and it seems the lines only appear when plugged into the ACER H243H monitor of which I have tried two. I think it's maybe a monitor driver issue or something like that since both H243H monitors I tried had the line issue. And the H243H monitors do work when not plugged into the PC.

Sep 1, 2019

img-3791_orig.jpg
img-3792_orig.jpg
I have fixed the issue by changing the color depth from 10 BPC to 8 BPC in the Radeon settings.

Reactions: rgd1101
Solution