RX 560 Crashing Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoppedbroom

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hi, so I just bought my RX 560 Sapphire Pulse 2GB OC, and installed the newest drivers. The problem i have with my GPU is that when Im playing, the GPU randomly crashes and stops sending video signal to my monitor (the screen goes black and little message from the monitor pops up saying "No Signal on Port 1"). I've installed MSI Afterburner to keep an eye on my GPU and CPU temperatures/usage. Both temperatures always stay below 55 degrees celsius, and USAGE always on 100% in both. The crashes may vary from 10 minutes into a game, to long periods of gaming, or not even crashing at all. Everytime the GPU crashes, the Fan from it goes full power and sounds like a beast.

*NOTE* I dont have any lag or stutter in game
*NOTE* I need to force reboot by holding the power button on my PC after it crashes
*NOTE* I use a DVI-D to HDMI adapter for my GPU
*NOTE* I had a GTX 1050ti before, unistalled all drivers

RIG
CPU-Pentium G4400 3.3ghz (stock cooler, no OC)
RAM- Kingston ddr4 2133mhz 1x8gb
GPU-RX 560 Sapphire Pulse 2GB OC (stock speeds)
PSU-EVGA 450w 80+ Bronze
OS-Windows 10 64bit
MOBO- Gigabyte H110M-H
HDD- x2 7200RPM Hard Disk (500GB & 160GB)
EXTRA- x1 60mm Case FAN
(All parts were bought new)

PLEASE HELP ME!!

meesertc

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017

I have exact the same problem with this videocard. Just finished building this pc brand new so its really frustrating. For me reinstalling the driver did not work. I tried an older driver last week and I got around 2 hours of gameplay out of it before it chrashed again. After that it was all the same again with chrashes within minutes of playing a game. I tried switching back to the newest drivers still no luck. (yes i did uninstall with DDU). I also tried giving the gpu more and less power using MSI but no luck there.

stoppedbroom

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

do you have same temperatures as mine? same videocard model aswell?

meesertc

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017

I have the 4g variant. I play Overwatch and Total War Warhammer at around 55 degrees but after about 5 minutes it crashes. Same black screen, fans going wild. However the difference is mine always crashes this fast (with exeption of that one time)

stoppedbroom

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

No solution yet, but I found out that if the GPU stays on 100% usage for so long, is when the crashes happen

meesertc

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017

I have not had much time to fix the problem but I contacted an IT guy at work and he said its probably a defect videocard or a defect power supply. I contacted the shop where i bought the parts and they said the same thing. Best thing to do is to swap the power supply and/or the videocard with another one to see if this fixes the problem but since I don't have any that fit in my pc I'm going to return the videocard and get a replacement.

renanaltnn

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Hi, i have the same GPU, i use HDMI > VGA conversor, and i solved this issue formatting the system, apparently seems to been a problem with directx, when i has installed some torrent games (pirates), and directx updated with external installer, this problem come back again, so, i just play game in plataforms like steam, origin,etc. since december 28th i dont have any issues in games or something else.
PS: dont update to 18.1.1 Adrenaline driver :), use the 17.12.2

Mar 24, 2018

Ok guys I recently got the 560 a couple weeks ago and have been having the same issue. Random crashes in game/ no problems until the crash.
After alot of searching i found no answer.
one day i messed with the voltage with msi afterburner, after setting the voltage to +6 and turning the power limit up the problem has gone away. i dont know if this is the absolute fix, but so far so good.

renanaltnn

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Just updating my answer above.
Since i installed the Adrenalin 18.2.1, All games are playable, no crashes, using Native resolution for everything, should be good for you, a few games like Astroneer, The Forest have low performance, but with 80 fps is still good to play, in PUBG, With Adrenalin 17.12.2, maximum Fps was 80-70, Now with Adrenalin 18.2.1, my fps goes to 100-130, but slow down when look to somewhere (Like big places) fps goes down to 80-90.
Hope you fix your problems with the GPU :D

stoppedbroom

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

did this actually fixed your GPU? what drivers are you using? ty
i cant get my core voltage thing to unlock, and how much power limit are you using?

stoppedbroom

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

I've formatted my system several times, and even installed win 8 once (no rx560 drivers available for this windows...). But no help at all after reinstall. All my games are downloaded from origin and steam.

renanaltnn

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018

I recommend you upgrade to windows 10, win 8 has many errors of video drivers, even those of intel, which are simple.
I just had a problem since my last formatting, when opening a game, as Crossfire (simple game) appears an error screen full of colored pixels, but only click Alt + F4 and return to normal, then reopen, Also, keep the fps limit rate at 80-90 in the global settings, it will help with the temperature and gpu usage.
in case of using msi afterburner, it may cause conflict with the driver, I had this problem on the 2nd day of use, so using the AMD monitoring is better (in my gpu it did not come with fps, cpu, temp, etc. options so I used rivatuner to appear the options, then uninstalled and sometimes use for performance tests

Status
Not open for further replies.