Question RX 560 drivers randomly freezing system

Aug 6, 2024
Hey, everybody. I changed the video card in my computer from GT730 to RX 560 and started to have problems in the stadiality of the computer.

Computer specifications:
Processor - FX6300
Motherboard - asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx
Video card - RX 560 SAPPHIRE DUAL 4GB
RAM - 16 GB
Power Supply - Aerocool 450W

After replacing the video card the following problems with the computer began: the computer would freeze at random moments (could at the time of playing a video game, could at the time of normal surfing the Internet), black screen, keyboard and mouse would shut down, sound would freeze. The only things that helped were shutting down via the button and resetting the bios via the battery. Driver version 24.7.1

Having excluded all other variants of computer malfunction, I decided to install other drivers. I chose 21.5.2. I tested it for 2 days. The frequency of freezes decreased, for 2 days the computer froze only once. The computer froze only once during the game, but not as with other drivers. This time the system only froze and the screen had an image with artifacts( https://ibb.co/KzN1GMM ), keyboard and mouse worked (lights were on); starting the system, after an emergency shutdown, was given easier, without resetting the bios.

Tested the video card in games and various tests, showed itself well. The maximum temperature of 65 ° C - I have not seen more. After reinstalling the driver version, made andervolting through AMD software, so there were no problems with temperature.

Based on everything I have a question. So what is the problem? In the driver or in the video card itself? And also what is the most stable of the latest drivers at the moment (this is the most interesting question for me)?

Thank you for your attention!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Aerocool is the brand of the unit while 450W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of your unit? How old is your PSU?

Did you run DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, Nvidia and AMD() in Safe Mode before dropping in the RX560?

Aug 6, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Aerocool is the brand of the unit while 450W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of your unit? How old is your PSU?

Did you run DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, Nvidia and AMD() in Safe Mode before dropping in the RX560?
Hi.

If I understand the question correctly, the model is Aercool ECO 450W. I can't say exactly how old my unit is, but it's quite outdated ( 5+ years old). I checked the voltage output to the video card via the power cable and found out that the video card gets about 12.3V.

Yes , I ran DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers and used safe mode.