[SOLVED] Rx 560 with 350 watt PSU?

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
My 750 ti stopped working so thinking of buying an rx 560.
I have 350 watt psu.My processor is an i3 4150 8gb ram.
will it work properly?

Solution
560 is only about 45 dollars and psu is fairly expensive😢my psu model
That PSU is one of the WORST if not the worst from coolermaster. It should not be in a PC that has a gpu.
You have been warned that it might fail at any time taking other components with it.
Yea get a new power supply, 80+ bronze 500w should do fine.
No. Efficiency and wattage means almost nothing. A PSU's quality is not determined by those two. There are plenty of 80+ bronze 500w that I would NEVER EVER put in a gaming rig.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Well given the fact is a 350 w, it makes me question the quality of those 350 w and the psu itself. It might be best you get a new psu too. You wouldn't need to spend an arm and a leg, but atleast get a decent 500 w (like the sharkoon wpm gold zero or the fsp fortron hydro pro).

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Well given the fact is a 350 w, it makes me question the quality of those 350 w and the psu itself. It might be best you get a new psu too. You wouldn't need to spend an arm and a leg, but atleast get a decent 500 w (like the sharkoon wpm gold zero or the fsp fortron hydro pro).
i'm a student and dont have that much funds so choice is buying or not buying gpu.
My psu is cooler master

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Well let me put it to you this way: would you rather spend money to buy a new gpu, or spend money for the whole system because that psu is a ticking bomb that could fry the whole rig any seconds? I mean those psu i suggested go for around 50 eu/dollars. You're willing to drop how much for a 560? It surely cannot be sub 200 eu/dollars in the current market. I wouldn't be surprised if it was that very psu that killed your gpu actually.

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Well let me put it to you this way: would you rather spend money to buy a new gpu, or spend money for the whole system because that psu is a ticking bomb that could fry the whole rig any seconds? I mean those psu i suggested go for around 50 eu/dollars. You're willing to drop how much for a 560? It surely cannot be sub 200 eu/dollars in the current market.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
Yea, no point on force buying a gpu since the gpu is a ticking bomb, and when it frys your pc, 45 dollars in my country you can get a gtx 660, just save your money for now, you can live for a few weeks without a gpu, then go out and buy your gpu and power supply.

That PSU is one of the WORST if not the worst from coolermaster. It should not be in a PC that has a gpu.
You have been warned that it might fail at any time taking other components with it.
Yea get a new power supply, 80+ bronze 500w should do fine.
No. Efficiency and wattage means almost nothing. A PSU's quality is not determined by those two. There are plenty of 80+ bronze 500w that I would NEVER EVER put in a gaming rig.

Solution

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

Never said they are, its pretty obvious you dont want to buy some chinese trash that will blow your pc up, Obviously im not saying buy the cheapest one that has those, but its best to buy a decent psu with those or better specs as in a decent psu with those specs, not just those, but just so it has them, I meant in a way its essential to have those, please don't buy the first thing you see on aliexpress.

Healer21

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019

I have been using it for past 4 years along with 750 ti so far no problem.
It was fairly expensive at the time of buying

I have been using it for past 4 years along with 750 ti so far no problem.
It was fairly expensive at the time of buying
Remind me again what happened to your 750 Ti.
You can either listen to all of us saying it's a bad PSU, or you can keep using it and time will show what will happen.
Never said they are, its pretty obvious you dont want to buy some chinese trash that will blow your pc up, Obviously im not saying buy the cheapest one that has those, but its best to buy a decent psu with those or better specs as in a decent psu with those specs, not just those, but just so it has them, I meant in a way its essential to have those, please don't buy the first thing you see on aliexpress.
There are somewhat expensive PSUs that are crappy as well. The platform they are based at, the quality of the components, the protections they support are some of the things you need to consider.
Since you, me and most of the guys out there don't have the necessary equipment to test each and every PSU, there is a tier list that help us decide when we need to buy one.

For gaming rigs tier B and above.

Is your system working correctly using the integrated graphics?
I would try to borrow a seperate gpu to see if maybe the pcie slot has failed before buying a new GPU.

If it were me I would deff get a 560 being sure it did not require a connector to power it, a 460 is another option. But only after confirming the pcie slot is not the issue!

However, there are a lot of people who seem to know what they are talking about here and they are all telling you to get a psu upgrade you may want to consider it.
I am one against many. So do the testing I suggested, your mileage will vary.