Question RX 5600 XT - Core Clock Issue?

Mak4thRyder

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2014
Hi folks, I've got a small issue that has been doing my head in, I recently upgraded from an RX 570 to a Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT. The issue is that even when using it on default mode the Core Clock stays around 1550 Mhz and when using Adrenalin Auto OC mode it goes up to 1600ish Mhz. This has had me perplexed, isn't the card's default clock speed suppose to be 1615 Mhz, Using the AMD drivers it does say 1810 on the OC. Even shows the same on GPUz, but the clocks remain the same as I mentioned. I even contacted AMD, and asked for a bios file thinking maybe it was a bios issue, the file they sent me was the pre-existing bios. Am I missing something and this is how the card is supposed to perform or is there an issue with my card? Any help would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
I recently upgraded from an RX 570 to a Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT.
Did you make sure to use DDU to uninstall all your GPU drivers prior to removing the older GPU from the platform? As for your build, could you please pass on the specs to it like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

For added measure, could you check and see what your BIOS version is at this moment of time on the motherboard?

D

Deleted member 2731765

This has had me perplexed, isn't the card's default clock speed suppose to be 1615 Mhz, Using the AMD drivers it does say 1810 on the OC
1615 is the expected GPU GAME chock which is different from the advertised boost clock. Each custom card has a different value set as factory default by the AIB.

By default, AMD's reference Base Clock value is 1130 MHz for the RX 5600XT, and the Boost Frequency is up to 1560 MHz, and the Game Frequency being 1375 MHz.

First of all, only use GPU-Z to monitor or check any reading of the GPU parameters. Sapphire has advertised the Boost Clock to be up to 1750 MHz for your GPU, though it can boost further depending on the workload and OC settings applied.

Boost Clock is the maximum frequency achievable on the GPU running bursty workload, in short bursts. Boost clock's frequency still depends on several factors, including but not limited to: thermal conditions and variation in workloads.

And the expected GPU clock when running your typical gaming applications, is the "Game Clock" at a set TGP(Total Graphics Power). But the individual game clock results may still vary.

List your FULL PC specs as well. Which PSU are you using ?

zaBXTfWZ2STUmwsab9WWHi-970-80.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: