[SOLVED] RX 570 4gb ITX pulse or GTX 1650 4GB oc ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 4, 2019
Hey,
I have now on my pc an old GTX 650 1gb vram that I bought with my pc in 2014
but now I can't run any game anymore (I playing mainly on simulators like ETS2 and ATS and they are updated now to directx 11 and I can't run them anymore with my GTX 650 1gb)
so I decided that it is the time to upgrade the gpu and because I am not a "hard gamer" I don't need a "monster card" like RTX 2080
so my dilemma is : Gigabyte GTX 1650 4GB OC or Sapphire Radeon RX 570 PULSE ITX 4GB
my pc specs :
intel core i5-4440
8gb ram
motherboard : msi h81m-e33 (ms-7817) - I have 1 PCI express 2.0 x16 slot
psu : thermaltake litepower LTP-450AL2NK
nY3i9EU.jpg

I have 6-pin connector
I have a bios and not UEFI.
which card is better to buy? and will they be good with my other pc parts?

Solution
You already have been told by multiple people what their thoughts are on the 1650 on that TT litepower. You have gotten answers, they just are the reality and not what you wanted to hear.

Nobody can tell you what will happen if you use the 1650, but we can predict.
Again, your PSU is not something you should have in that system...unless you want to ruin your entire PC.
As for the 1650, maybe. I would not trust it, and if your PSU does work, it will inevitably fail.
It may work fine, or it may not. You're gambling with your system on that PSU, though. That is on you.
Your PSU is fine for your old graphics card, but not a new one.
Here are many consolidated to one post. After all of this, you should come...
Dec 4, 2019
I would personally very strongly suggest waiting until you can get the new PSU first, then get the new video card afterward.

You've been lucky so far with the power supply you have - I would not advise continuing to gambling on it.
I asked to not suggest me to replace my PSU now because if I could do it, I wouldn't think twice and I would.
is my current PSU will be enough for the GTX 1650? (I am not speaking anymore about the RX 570)

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
And I am telling you NO it is NOT enough.

If you are asking "is 450W good enough" then I would say "Yes, but only from a reliable, quality PSU." I would give the same answer for an RX 570, or even an RX 580, because a good 450W would be just fine for them.

If you are asking if the LitePower PSU that you currently own is enough, I would say "NO. Not because of the official power rating, but because it's not a trustworthy PSU."

I asked to not suggest me to replace my PSU now because if I could do it, I wouldn't think twice and I would.

Do you want us to tell you only what you want to hear, or do you want us to tell you what will make sure that nothing goes wrong?

What you want to hear is meaningless. What you should do is: If you cannot afford to buy both the GPU and a good PSU, then ONLY get a new PSU. Then get the GPU later when you have enough money for that.

A good PSU should absolutely be the priority.

Dec 4, 2019
And I am telling you NO it is NOT enough.

If you are asking "is 450W good enough" then I would say "Yes, but only from a reliable, quality PSU." I would give the same answer for an RX 570, or even an RX 580, because a good 450W would be just fine for them.

If you are asking if the LitePower PSU that you currently own is enough, I would say "NO. Not because of the official power rating, but because it's not a trustworthy PSU."

Do you want us to tell you only what you want to hear, or do you want us to tell you what will make sure that nothing goes wrong?

What you want to hear is meaningless. What you should do is: If you cannot afford to buy both the GPU and a good PSU, then ONLY get a new PSU. Then get the GPU later when you have enough money for that.

A good PSU should absolutely be the priority.
because some people told me that the GTX 1650 will be good and the RX 570 will not..

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
you dont NEED a new PSU to get a new GPU.

With that being said, running an RX 570 on here for 2-3 years might cause you some problems down the line, especially if ambient temps in your room are volatile. Are you willing to risk it?? Dont believe? Believe.
i.e. I have a low quality 620w Seasonic that sometimes fails to properly power my rx580 underloads and high temps, leading to crashes. after a reboot its normally fine, but im sure its damaging my whole system tbh.....

570s need 2 connectors iirc, and will put a lot more stress on your current psu than the 1650. get the 1650.

Also, keep in mind, just because u bought that psu 6 months ago doesnt mean its only '6 months old.'

johnnyguru articles and videos have really good information on PSUs but tbh hes a pretentious builder whos pockets are probably lined by Corsair and Seasonic (;. He would reccomend you put a 150$ psu in a 500$ total budget PC (not including monitor and peripherals). Learn from him, but take his advice with grain of salt.

Dec 4, 2019
you dont NEED a new PSU to get a new GPU.

With that being said, running an RX 570 on here for 2-3 years might cause you some problems down the line, especially if ambient temps in your room are volatile. Are you willing to risk it?? Dont believe? Believe.
i.e. I have a low quality 620w Seasonic that sometimes fails to properly power my rx580 underloads and high temps, leading to crashes. after a reboot its normally fine, but im sure its damaging my whole system tbh.....

570s need 2 connectors iirc, and will put a lot more stress on your current psu than the 1650. get the 1650.

Also, keep in mind, just because u bought that psu 6 months ago doesnt mean its only '6 months old.'

johnnyguru articles and videos have really good information on PSUs but tbh hes a pretentious builder whos pockets are probably lined by Corsair and Seasonic (;. He would reccomend you put a 150$ psu in a 500$ total budget PC (not including monitor and peripherals). Learn from him, but take his advice with grain of salt.
I speak about the GTX 1650, will the GTX 1650 will be good for my PSU?

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
I speak about the GTX 1650, will the GTX 1650 will be good for my PSU?

i think so, yes.

but ive never had a shitty PSU destroy a whole system like the horror stories ive heard on here.

honestly though, keep your tower clean, dont leave it on the ground (especially not carpet) dont put in in a closed cabinet, dont set it right infront of a heat vent/space heater and you should be fine. theres 1,000,000 variables and i cant speak as to them all, but these guys are treating you like youre powering your computer with a bicycle, and thats not the case.

just remember, there is risk involved anytime you buy a 'budget friendly' psu.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
You should go ahead and use it, no matter which card you get.

It is clear from your posts here, and the separate thread you created here, that, no matter how many people tell you otherwise, you won't be happy until someone tells you that it's OK to use your existing PSU.

You've been told here and in that thread that it is a poor quality PSU.

From the image you posted in that other thread:
View: https://i.imgur.com/U2tyltL.jpg

you can clearly see that it only provides 33A, thus only 396W, on the 12V rail.

For all intents and purposes, it is a 396W PSU, and a known low-quality one at that.

Yet, you fight against anyone who tells you to get a good PSU first, and you keep asking and re-asking the same question, and telling people that you don't want to be told to get a new PSU.

So, here's what you want to hear: Go ahead and use it. That's what you want to do.

Here's what you don't want to hear: It may work fine, or it may not. You're gambling with your system on that PSU, though. That is on you. Multiple people have warned you.

The only other advice I can give on top of that: Don't ask questions to which you don't want to hear the answers.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
RX570 is out of the question.

As for the 1650, maybe. I would not trust it, and if your PSU does work, it will inevitably fail.

Look at the warranty. 2 years on a power supply is pathetic. It shows the manufacturer has little faith in their PSU and if likely if they lengthened the warranty they would experience many warranty claims as the PSU is not designed to last.

Many companies provide 5,7, or even 10 year warranties on quality PSUs. They can do this because the unit is designed well and there wouldn't be that many warranty claims even after that time.

Dec 4, 2019
RX570 is out of the question.

Look at the warranty. 2 years on a power supply is pathetic. It shows the manufacturer has little faith in their PSU and if likely if they lengthened the warranty they would experience many warranty claims as the PSU is not designed to last.

Many companies provide 5,7, or even 10 year warranties on quality PSUs. They can do this because the unit is designed well and there wouldn't be that many warranty claims even after that time.
I would be happy to hear about other GPU that can work with my current PSU if not the GTX 1650
You should go ahead and use it, no matter which card you get.

It is clear from your posts here, and the separate thread you created here, that, no matter how many people tell you otherwise, you won't be happy until someone tells you that it's OK to use your existing PSU.

You've been told here and in that thread that it is a poor quality PSU.

From the image you posted in that other thread:
View: https://i.imgur.com/U2tyltL.jpg

you can clearly see that it only provides 33A, thus only 396W, on the 12V rail.

For all intents and purposes, it is a 396W PSU, and a known low-quality one at that.

Yet, you fight against anyone who tells you to get a good PSU first, and you keep asking and re-asking the same question, and telling people that you don't want to be told to get a new PSU.

So, here's what you want to hear: Go ahead and use it. That's what you want to do.

Here's what you don't want to hear: It may work fine, or it may not. You're gambling with your system on that PSU, though. That is on you. Multiple people have warned you.

The only other advice I can give on top of that: Don't ask questions to which you don't want to hear the answers.
I don't want to hear what I want. I want to hear the true and I in earlier comments in this thread people said that the RX 570 will not work with my current psu, so I said OK so if the RX 570 will not be good to my PSU, what about the GTX 1650
and only in the last 4-5 comments people start answer about the GTX 1650.
I don't think that my PSU is "garbage", maybe not the best one but also people in other forum told me that my PSU is not "garbage" and but it can work at least with the GTX 1650.
the RX 570 is out of the question.
and if you say that even the 1650 can't work with my PSU, recommend me about other
modern GPU that will be good for my PSU

Dec 4, 2019
hey, I need to upgrade my current GPU (GTX650 1GB oc) into a new one to be able to play
the games I like ( I play mainly simulators) and I don't need a hard gamer card and I don't want now to waste a lot of money
on graphics card because I planning to buy a new pc / make a big upgrades to my current one in 2-3 years from now(maybe little less or more).

I thought about the Gigabyte GTX 1650 4GB oc because my psu is not the best

my pc specs :
intel core i5-4440
8GB ram
Motherboaord: msi h81m-e33
case : cooler master k282
Power supply : Thermaltake lite power LTP-450AL2NK
here is a picture of my psu :
UZ84HwC.jpg

will the GTX 1650 will be good with my psu ?
Now I don't have problems with my psu like loud noise/blue screens/blacks screens or something like that.
(I know that my power supply model is not the best one but I can't afford now a new one so if the 1650 card should not be good for my psu, please suggest my about
other GPU that can work good with my current psu).
Also I would be happy to know if I'll have a bottleneck with the proccessor and the ram ?
thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
I had to merge your previous thread with this one since you were creating a thread that is the same as this one when you already got the answer for the issue to your build. Do not recreate a thread of this nature/topic.

Again, your PSU is not something you should have in that system, let alone the dirt inside that chassis, unless you want to ruin your entire PC.

Dec 4, 2019
I had to merge your previous thread with this one since you were creating a thread that is the same as this one when you already got the answer for the issue to your build. Do not recreate a thread of this nature/topic.

Again, your PSU is not something you should have in that system, let alone the dirt inside that chassis, unless you want to ruin your entire PC.
I know that the thermaltake lite power is not the best psu but I don't need for now something more than GTX 1650 so I would be happy to get clear answer if the 1650 will be good with my psu or not ?
unfortunately I can't upgrade my psu for now

You already have been told by multiple people what their thoughts are on the 1650 on that TT litepower. You have gotten answers, they just are the reality and not what you wanted to hear.

Again, your PSU is not something you should have in that system...unless you want to ruin your entire PC.
It may work fine, or it may not. You're gambling with your system on that PSU, though. That is on you.
Your PSU is fine for your old graphics card, but not a new one.
Here are many consolidated to one post. After all of this, you should come to conclude that your TT litepower is not an adequate power supply to power any system with a modern graphics card.

You still haven't explained WHY you cannot replace your PSU. It is standard ATX and can be replaced by someone with just a little instruction.

If its due to prices in your region, remember this, if you cannot afford a decent PSU now, you cannot afford to get a new GPU.

Solution
Dec 4, 2019

Here are many consolidated to one post. After all of this, you should come to conclude that your TT litepower is not an adequate power supply to power any system with a modern graphics card.

You still haven't explained WHY you cannot replace your PSU. It is standard ATX and can be replaced by someone with just a little instruction.

If its due to prices in your region, remember this, if you cannot afford a decent PSU now, you cannot afford to get a new GPU.
it is not just because of the price, I can't explain the full reason but trust me that I can't. and also some people said that the 1650 will be good with my PSU, you quated the comments that you wanted to quate.
and in other forum people told me that the 1650 will be good with my PSU so I don't know who say the true and who not

Dec 4, 2019
There is maybe 1 or 2 people here that said it will work. The majority did not say that.

I would assume the people on this other forum probably did not include a person that literally works at a large power supply company, unlike the advice given here.
what can happen if I use the 1650 will my current psu? what is the worst thing that can happen?

Dec 4, 2019
PSU fails and damages everything down the line. Fried video card, fried motherboard ect. This isnt uncommon either with garbage PSUs.

The 1650 and TT Litepower may work fine, but I don't think most people can suggest that due to the high risk with such a poor quality PSU.
I think I'll get the 1650,it's the best bet for me now.the other amd same-price cards is consuming more power and it is not good for my psu.