Joey27R

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020
Heres my pc specs first
Ryzen 3 2200G
8GB 2666MHZ RAM
Red Devil RX 570 (the triple fan one)
550 W Corsair CX550 PSU

Any time drivers are installed no matter how old or new it either will get a driver timeout, throw out a strange mess of lines and squares or just freeze up on a random coloured screen.
Ive tried using the newest drivers and drivers from 2 years ago for the card installed from the AMD Driver install software, ive tried manualy installing drivers through device manager but no matter what i attempt be it 3 hours or 5 mins it just gives up and i have to force restart to use the pc again. It stays on and still can be accessed remote access software so the psu being faulty is unlikely. It also decides to never re-recognise the driver/card if i try using windows + ctrl + shift + b, a sound can be hear of but no result. The card has no overlocking on it and has never passed 80c , im baffled.
Any solutions at all?

Ralston18

Titan
Motherboard?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

This:

"Ive tried using the newest drivers and drivers from 2 years ago for the card installed from the AMD Driver install software "

Be very sure that you are getting the drivers via AMD's website. Just because AMD appears in the URL that does not mean that the website is actually
AMD.

How old is that 550W Corsair CX550 PSU? History of heavy use for gaming?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warning, or informational events that you can associate with the driver timeouts/crashes.

Start with Reliability History. Much more end user friendly.

As for Event Viewer - start here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Joey27R

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020
Motherboard?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

This:

"Ive tried using the newest drivers and drivers from 2 years ago for the card installed from the AMD Driver install software "

Be very sure that you are getting the drivers via AMD's website. Just because AMD appears in the URL that does not mean that the website is actually
AMD.

How old is that 550W Corsair CX550 PSU? History of heavy use for gaming?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warning, or informational events that you can associate with the driver timeouts/crashes.

Start with Reliability History. Much more end user friendly.

As for Event Viewer - start here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html
it is amds actual website every link ive found and just googling searching will go to there the board is an msi a320 board only still less then a year old, the psu has been in this one pc gaming since june so not even out of warranty yet and i aint got any optical drives just one sata ssd and 2 sata hdds

Ralston18

Titan
Primarily any error codes that occur just before or at the time of a "timeout/crash"

Error codes per se may or may not be helpful. And you can click on any given error codes for more details which may or may not be helpful either.

Patterns can be revealing - Reliability History uses a timeline format that can show, for example, when some particular problem started.

One clue, for me any way, is a pattern of increasing numbers of errors and varying errors. Could be PSU related.

Joey27R

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020
Primarily any error codes that occur just before or at the time of a "timeout/crash"

Error codes per se may or may not be helpful. And you can click on any given error codes for more details which may or may not be helpful either.

Patterns can be revealing - Reliability History uses a timeline format that can show, for example, when some particular problem started.

One clue, for me any way, is a pattern of increasing numbers of errors and varying errors. Could be PSU related.
well most i found just look like a random string of characters and not very helpful sometimes there was none after a timeout so im not sure if it will be showing up in there

Ralston18

Titan
Re:

"AMD Driver timeout" - if anything that reinforces that the problem may be software/driver related. However, the details are only meaningful (maybe) to AMD.

= = = =

Random string of characters ???

Type "Reliability History" in the search box and a window should open " View reliability history". Click open.

A calendar should open with a vertical column for dates. The columns will contain red, yellow, and blue icons.

Selecting, clicking on any given column should provide the errors recorded for that date.

Here is link from Dell that shows and explains Reliability History.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/...liability-monitor-to-identify-software-issues