[SOLVED] RX 570 CRASH

Nov 2, 2020
Hey guys i got a rx 570 4gb OC from asus
It was working perfectly till 1 day i used a hdmi port then switched back to dvi again because i went back at my old monitor
Since the next day my gpu crashes when i launch games, monitor goes off but pc stays on and the gpu logo with RGB stays on
I tried using the gpu on my other pc it was still crashing but sometimes when i remove the 8pin connector and put it back gpu works
My 8pin connector doesnt come from the psu but its linked from my sata cable because the psu doesnt have a 8 pin connector
Is the gpu dying or is it my 8 pins connector fault (btw i have the latest drivers)

Solution
My 8pin connector doesnt come from the psu but its linked from my sata cable because the psu doesnt have a 8 pin connector
Is the gpu dying or is it my 8 pins connector fault (btw i have the latest drivers)
It was dangerous to use a SATA adapter, and it is most certainly dangerous to use either a PSU that doesn't have sufficient power to provide for the GPU and the rest of the PC, or that claims to have sufficient power, but, by not providing a PCIe connector, is quietly admitting that the PSU can't handle it.

Stop using this thing immediately. Your priority should be to get a high quality PSU that includes the connectors you need.

As for searching for a high quality unit...

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
when did you install the drivers compared to when the problem started (some of the newer drivers cause problems with this card)? the easiest thing you can try is to DDU and install an older driver version (20.4.2 is the most recommended) and get a new connector since they are very cheap.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
It was dangerous to use a SATA adapter, and it is most certainly dangerous to use either a PSU that doesn't have sufficient power to provide for the GPU and the rest of the PC, or that claims to have sufficient power, but, by not providing a PCIe connector, is quietly admitting that the PSU can't handle it.

Stop using this thing immediately. Your priority should be to get a high quality PSU that includes the connectors you need.

As for searching for a high quality unit (and avoiding bad ones), click on the first link in my signature. That write-up is a MUST READ for picking a PSU.

Get rid of that SATA-to-PCIe adapter. Those things are basically fire hazards, and should NEVER be used under ANY circumstances.

Hopefully using an insufficient PSU hasn't caused any serious harm to your GPU or the rest of your PC's components.

Solution