Question RX 570 detects TV but not my Monitor (Monitor works though)

idontknowwhatcpu

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Hello friends.

I recently ran into some highly weird problems on my PC, which make no sense at all to me.

I recently installed Windows 11 and after 2 weeks or so, the HDMI from my integrated GPU (i3 7100) stopped working, which I always used for my TV, as a second monitor, since my GPU RX 570 only has one HDMI Slot. The VGA slot still works though!!

Then, after this happened, around 2 weeks later, suddenly my dedicated GPU wasn't able to detect my monitor anymore, with its HDMI slot as well. BUT, it still works with my TV!

I tried then to at first make sure, that the monitor is okay and its HDMI slot, so I connected my old playstation via HDMI to it and it worked. Then I tested if the HDMI slot of my GPU still works and like I already said, it does work with my TV. The cables also aren't the problem, they all work. I uninstalled the Radeon Software and installed it again, didnt help. I messed around with the Display settings in Windows, didnt help. I of course also manuallly changed the input on my monitor and it didn't help either. It doesnt detect any signal when its via HDMI in my dedicated GPU.

I literally have no clue how this all makes even sense and i guess its the first time, where I cant help myself anymore with that issue.

So to sum it up once again:

Integrated GPU: HDMI stopped working, VGA still works

2 weeks later

Dedicated GPU: HDMI stopped working with monitor, but it still works with my TV

If anyone has an idea here, what the problem could be or what I maybe could try, I would be more than thankful for your help!

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hello friends.

I recently ran into some highly weird problems on my PC, which make no sense at all to me.

I recently installed Windows 11 and after 2 weeks or so, the HDMI from my integrated GPU (i3 7100) stopped working, which I always used for my TV, as a second monitor, since my GPU RX 570 only has one HDMI Slot. The VGA slot still works though!!

Then, after this happened, around 2 weeks later, suddenly my dedicated GPU wasn't able to detect my monitor anymore, with its HDMI slot as well. BUT, it still works with my TV!

I tried then to at first make sure, that the monitor is okay and its HDMI slot, so I connected my old playstation via HDMI to it and it worked. Then I tested if the HDMI slot of my GPU still works and like I already said, it does work with my TV. The cables also aren't the problem, they all work. I uninstalled the Radeon Software and installed it again, didnt help. I messed around with the Display settings in Windows, didnt help. I of course also manuallly changed the input on my monitor and it didn't help either. It doesnt detect any signal when its via HDMI in my dedicated GPU.

I literally have no clue how this all makes even sense and i guess its the first time, where I cant help myself anymore with that issue.

So to sum it up once again:

Integrated GPU: HDMI stopped working, VGA still works

2 weeks later

Dedicated GPU: HDMI stopped working with monitor, but it still works with my TV

If anyone has an idea here, what the problem could be or what I maybe could try, I would be more than thankful for your help!

Thanks in advance! :)
I find it weird that the Integrated and the Dedicated were working at the same time? Usually when you have a dedicated it doesn't always recognize it and turns the integrated graphics off. My only guess would be that a BIOS setting got changed at some point with an update in Win 11 after a couples weeks of having it but i cant be certain.

idontknowwhatcpu

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
I find it weird that the Integrated and the Dedicated were working at the same time? Usually when you have a dedicated it doesn't always recognize it and turns the integrated graphics off. My only guess would be that a BIOS setting got changed at some point with an update in Win 11 after a couples weeks of having it but i cant be certain.

Yea, about 2 years ago when I got my rx 570 I also didn't expect them to work both at the same time, but it does. It even still works now both at the same time, when I connect my TV via HDMI to my dedicated and use VGA on the integrated for my monitor. But thats definitley not what I want, due to gaming and stuff. :/ But I also tried to change the initial GPU in the BIOS, from PCIe to IGFX and back again, but none of it got my rx 570 to recognize my Monitor or vice versa.

And why this is so confusing to me, is because of the chronic of problems. At first integrated HDMI rip, but VGA still works, then 2 weeks later dedicated HDMI rip, but it still works on the TV. And neither is the monitor broken, nor the cable, nor could you say that the graphic unit or the card woul be broken. It just makes NO SENSE! but it is the reality.

I feel like that there is not even a point to start, in order to get the hang of the problem, since nothing fits together in how each problem unfolds itself. feels as if someone cast a spell on my pc.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Yea, about 2 years ago when I got my rx 570 I also didn't expect them to work both at the same time, but it does. It even still works now both at the same time, when I connect my TV via HDMI to my dedicated and use VGA on the integrated for my monitor. But thats definitley not what I want, due to gaming and stuff. :/ But I also tried to change the initial GPU in the BIOS, from PCIe to IGFX and back again, but none of it got my rx 570 to recognize my Monitor or vice versa.

And why this is so confusing to me, is because of the chronic of problems. At first integrated HDMI rip, but VGA still works, then 2 weeks later dedicated HDMI rip, but it still works on the TV. And neither is the monitor broken, nor the cable, nor could you say that the graphic unit or the card woul be broken. It just makes NO SENSE! but it is the reality.

I feel like that there is not even a point to start, in order to get the hang of the problem, since nothing fits together in how each problem unfolds itself. feels as if someone cast a spell on my pc.
only thing you can do is download Display Driver uninstall and it will uninstall your old Integrated drivers and solely place your dedicated for the HDMI and that should solve the problem.

idontknowwhatcpu

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
only thing you can do is download Display Driver uninstall and it will uninstall your old Integrated drivers and solely place your dedicated for the HDMI and that should solve the problem.
i tried that. it doesnt help. i might have to add to it, that my monitor doesnt even work on the rx 570 within the BIOS. HOWEVER, if i plug in the TV at first, load the Bios, then unplug the TV and plug in the monitor, it works! But whenever I restart it again, while the monitor being plugged in, it recieves again no signal. Another weird thing is, that when I have all drivers uninstalled and use the genereic one, it works the same way like in the Bios. Meaning, i can plug in the TV first, then change it to my monitor and it works. But when I install a driver then, it goes again to no signal. And I am not making this up! I am not stupid. But how does that even make any sense!?

The monitor works, since tested with other devices, the cables are fine. The TV works on the RX 570 but my won't get detected on the card, unless I add my monitor into the slot first. NO LOGIC! I am still looking for anyone who can help me or has at least any clue what the issue could be, :(

Ferimer

Distinguished
i tried that. it doesnt help. i might have to add to it, that my monitor doesnt even work on the rx 570 within the BIOS. HOWEVER, if i plug in the TV at first, load the Bios, then unplug the TV and plug in the monitor, it works! But whenever I restart it again, while the monitor being plugged in, it recieves again no signal. Another weird thing is, that when I have all drivers uninstalled and use the genereic one, it works the same way like in the Bios. Meaning, i can plug in the TV first, then change it to my monitor and it works. But when I install a driver then, it goes again to no signal. And I am not making this up! I am not stupid. But how does that even make any sense!?

The monitor works, since tested with other devices, the cables are fine. The TV works on the RX 570 but my won't get detected on the card, unless I add my monitor into the slot first. NO LOGIC! I am still looking for anyone who can help me or has at least any clue what the issue could be, :(
Sounds like a malfunctioning GPU, have you looked into the RX control panel to see what resolutions its displaying from there? perhaps try setting it to a 1280x720 and see if it connects the monitor from there the first time. Perhaps the way the TV is set up its lowering the REsolution but the Monitor is stuck at a certain one. YOu can try lowering the Hz too