[SOLVED] RX 570 gets stuck at 100% usage even when im not doing anything.

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
The temps arent too high when this is happening. They are around 60-65 degrees but it cant be good since my GPU cant really idle with this issue. Also the fan is working 100% of the time in this case.

From what i gathered its a driver issue. I had this with the 20.11 driver verison, i updated to 20.12 and its still present.
I have my instant replay on 100% of the time and i found threads where people said turning it off helps. I turn it off and the usage does not go down, but when i turn it on again it goes down to normal. Rn its at 0% utilization when doing nothing which is normal.
I dont know what causes it to go 100% all the time. I think its just turning on a game or what not but im not sure.
After i play any game i have to go into radeon settings and disable then enable the replay to lower my usage.

Does anyone know a fix? Also when i updated drivers i did a clean install. I might just go back and install older drivers which didnt have this issue.

Last edited:
Solution
Use DDU in safe mode to remove and reinstall your GPU drivers.

Use Malwarebytes to scan your system for malware.

Run a userbenchmark AFTER those two things above and post the link to the results here.

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
Since you say it's a known driver issue, have you tried going back to an older driver?
I never said its a known driver issue. Im just pretty sure it is one. I didnt try going back to the older ones cause i thought there might be a fix for this version.
Though now i disabled instant replay entirely and something more weird is happening.

Now after i put my PC to sleep and then wake it up. My GPU performs really badly and seems to throttle itself. Ive seen it go up to 78 degrees and it never goes above 72 degrees normally. If i restart the PC everything works fine. Im so confused.